The 1968 title...

And they should do.
City won the title in 1968..in England. .with a team made up of English players...the last team to do that.apparently we have no history. ..and nobody else would be interested. ...wait till Phil Foden properly explodes on the scene...maybe then the tech experts will revamp that grainy 1968 footage..and start talking about what a great great side we were in the late 60s.
England missed out with Bell (48 caps not withstanding ) with Lake....when/if Foden reaches his full potential the clamour for quality footage of the history of our great club will be high.....

We won it in 2012 with six English players (more than the 80s Liverpool team):Richards, Hart, Barry, Lescott, Milner, and Johnson. We were still slated for our foreign ownership!

The footage of the Newcastle match in May '68 is indeed poor quality. I, like quite a few others on here was at the game, it was wonderful, remember it as if it was yesterday.

The entire title winning team were English. Not even a Scot in there. Unbelievable.

Also, our average home attendance that season at Maine Road was only around 36,000.

Scotsman Bobby Kennedy made 6 appearances that season and was the unused sub for the Newcastle game. The average attendance was 37,223 (6th highest in the League) which, at the time, was City's highest since 1951-52.

I have some questions Colin (or someone) if you can help?
Do you remember if it there was any coverage at all of the Gornik game on Network TV? I don’t remember any but I was only 9 at the time.
Were we originally scheduled for coverage then bumped when the FACF went to replay or just ignored completely?
Thanks.
Highlights were shown late that night. The film has since been included in MCFC videos/DVDs and shown occasionally on TV. The other year I showed colour film of City with the ECWC as they came home from Vienna (plus colour film in the stadium). This was from Harry Dowd's cine film collection and was shown as part of the Boys in Blue film show at the Dancehouse Theatre (me and Will from the NWFA). We're hoping to do the film show again next June. Watch this space!

I thought the Aston Villa side that won the title later than that were all English.

They were definitely the last club to play an all English side in the premier league. It was April 1999.
Top of my head were Alan Evans and or ken mcnaught (if he was a regular) and poss des bremner non English?
I may be wrong..

City's team in 1968 wasn't all-English anyway. Scotsman Bobby Kennedy played 6 games and was unused sub for the last game v Newcastle.
It says on Wikipedia (not exactly reliable information mind, but couldn’t find any other sources) that he didn’t qualify for a league winners medal as he didn’t play enough games. Is that true?

It says on Wikipedia (not exactly reliable information mind, but couldn’t find any other sources) that he didn’t qualify for a league winners medal as he didn’t play enough games. Is that true?
I interviewed Bobby a few years back and he claimed he'd been given one, then a few days later it was taken off him as another player hadn't been given one. An odd story which I'll try and dig out when I get chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.