The 20 highest paid players in the PL

jimharri

Had a quick look through the first couple of pages and couldn't see any thread on this subject (apologies if there is already one out there). According to the Daily Mail (yes, I know);

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hez-15th-best-paid-player-Premier-League.html

1: PAUL POGBA (MAN UTD)
£290,000 a week

2: WAYNE ROONEY (MAN UTD)
£260,000 a week

3: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (MAN UTD)
£250,000 a week

4: SERGIO AGUERO (MAN CITY)
£240,000 a week

5: YAYA TOURE (MAN CITY)
£220,000 a week

6: EDEN HAZARD (CHELSEA)
£200,000 a week

7: DAVID SILVA (MAN CITY)
£200,000 a week

8: DAVID DE GEA (MAN UTD)
£185,000 a week

9: RAHEEM STERLING (MAN CITY)
£180,000 a week

10. KEVIN DE BRUYNE (MAN CITY)
£170,000 a week

11. CESC FABREGAS (CHELSEA)
£170,000 a week

12. MESUT OZIL (ARSENAL)
£140,000 a week

13. JUAN MATA (MAN UTD)
£140,000 a week

14. BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER (MAN UTD)
£135,000 a week

15. ALEXIS SANCHEZ (ARSENAL)
£130,000 a week

16. DIMITRI PAYET (WEST HAM)
£125,000 a week

17. WILLIAN (CHELSEA)
£120,000 a week

18. VINCENT KOMPANY (MAN CITY)
£120,000 a week

19. DANIEL STURRIDGE (LIVERPOOL)
£120,000 a week

20. THIBAUT COURTOIS (CHELSEA)
£120,000 a week

What I don't understand is that, according to that article, none of our layers are in the top 3. I thought we were supposed to be ruining football with our money? Now the article does say that the figures are estimated, but even so. Sanchez "only" on 130k a week. With his contract due to finish next year, Arsenal will have to loosen the purse strings.

If I were Sanchez I'd be off on principle.
He shouldn't have go agitate for a pay rise, Arsenal should be begging him to stay and name his price. Or they can hold on to the pay structure and lose him to a club who know his true worth.

No surprise that the scum are paying the highest wages in English football...course I know this article probably isn't 100% reliable but I can well imagine those 3 are the most paid yet were ruining football with our spending apparently.

But come on, Everyone on that list and every other single footballer in the EPL (from premier league down to league 2 playing first team football I'd say) are overpaid to fuck, I mean to fuck. I know it's well discussed but figures like that are just kinda sickening really. The people that scrape up enough money to see these play week in week many getting ripped off (at least at home) paying over the adds to see 22 men kick a ball around yet don't even earn in a year what these do in a week. And it fucks me off you get people working their arses off 40+ hours a week of real work to provide for family, bills and just to keep a roof over their head when these pre-madonnas on 100k plus act like they've been shot in the bollocks if an opposition so much as brushes against them! Plus lot of the time paid handsomely just to sit on the bench all season and start whinging when they have to play more than once a week. Not to mention the corruption and the amount of money the greedy corporate fatcat TV and media outlets aka sky and BT cashing in on it, making shite up week in week out looking after their sky 4, seemingly certain rules for certain clubs set by the FA.

Yes their job of being a footballer is physically demanding and requires a healthy lifestyle so has certain restrictions but I'm sorry, those kind of wages shouldnt even exist but unfortunately football as a sport is and has been for a long time been spoiled by mass amounts of greed and corruption it seems.

Sorry for the rant anyway!

Fucking lazy "journalism" from wannabe journo Danny Murphy on Football Focus just now. They were talking about Sanchez demands at Arsenal and Murphy spouts

" He maybe feels he is worth the money some of the lads at City are on "

Doesn't seem to occur to the amateur cub reporter to check any facts...... maybe Sanchez wouldn't bother to lace his boots for the kind of money we would offer maybe Sanchez feels he is worth the money the rags are throwing about??

I realise of course my rant doesn't fit with the received wisdom and BBC narrative but the fucker's annoyed me

Your all missing the point. Utd only pay those wages because of the inflationary pressure caused by oil rich plastic clubs like city.
Without a doubt global super stars would otherwise play there for nothing more than the glory of finishing seventh and sharing a dressing room with Phil Jones.

No surprise that the scum are paying the highest wages in English football...course I know this article probably isn't 100% reliable but I can well imagine those 3 are the most paid yet were ruining football with our spending apparently.
Your rant is absolutely well justified.

But come on, Everyone on that list and every other single footballer in the EPL (from premier league down to league 2 playing first team football I'd say) are overpaid to fuck, I mean to fuck. I know it's well discussed but figures like that are just kinda sickening really. The people that scrape up enough money to see these play week in week many getting ripped off (at least at home) paying over the adds to see 22 men kick a ball around yet don't even earn in a year what these do in a week. And it fucks me off you get people working their arses off 40+ hours a week of real work to provide for family, bills and just to keep a roof over their head when these pre-madonnas on 100k plus act like they've been shot in the bollocks if an opposition so much as brushes against them! Plus lot of the time paid handsomely just to sit on the bench all season and start whinging when they have to play more than once a week. Not to mention the corruption and the amount of money the greedy corporate fatcat TV and media outlets aka sky and BT cashing in on it, making shite up week in week out looking after their sky 4, seemingly certain rules for certain clubs set by the FA.

Yes their job of being a footballer is physically demanding and requires a healthy lifestyle so has certain restrictions but I'm sorry, those kind of wages shouldnt even exist but unfortunately football as a sport is and has been for a long time been spoiled by mass amounts of greed and corruption it seems.

And.... breathe!

Hmmm, that's a big wage for Sterling, 50k more than what Sanchez gets?

I bet the rags weep when they see how much rughead is on!

Sterling's wage does look high! I can't believe we agreed to that much so would be surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.