The 2011/12 Season

I hit a low point around the time of that Emirates defeat. Not just in terms of City, but also more generally. A rare bad patch in my life.
Me too. The week before that game the rags beat Blackburn in the last few minutes after we could only draw with Sunderland. At that point it looked like they were going to do it easily and their fans were gloating like fuck. Our West Brom victory coupled with their Wigan defeat a week later was the next turning point which gave us some hope. Can’t imagine another season being like that one although the Liverpool title win in April 2014 probably comes second.

Where to start, the introduction of Sergio in the very first game, the optimism after the 5-1 at spurs, the 6-1 at scum and their fans saying youve played no one yet (lol).
West brom wasting time so bad in the 0-0 followed by the offside 1-0 defeat to sunderland in stoppage time. The stress of that 3-2 home win against spurs with mario in trouble, defoe missing a sitter and finaly that last minute penalty, thank god we had mario to take it.That defeat at arsenal and rags taunting us with that no togetherness rant and Mancini reflecting the pressure by admitting they have everything and we have nothing.A rag colleague gloating about how no ones beaten fergie at mind games yet. That fantastic run in and finally realizing we could do it after the 2-0 at newcastle. All this and losing the carling cup semi after that unfair richards handball, that third round fa cup game to scum 3-0 down and Vinnie sent off and still rallying to almost draw, exiting champs league with 10 points, trouble with Tevez. Then finally that game, that in itself encapsulated the whole season in 93.20 minutes, hope, stress, controversy and lastly unbelievable elation, this is how I remember it. Can any scum fan have ever felt the same, I very much doubt it.

They're still feeling the effects of it to this day. It their living sleeping nightmare.

Bobby ticket tout Charlatan,Cow Pat,Bacon Face.....they can't bring themselves to recognise what's happened and happening.

Disrespect HHSM at your peril.

That nasri goal against Sunderland was so important.

I was in the Gents after the Sunderland game when one of their fans says to me that a point each was no good to either of us. Sunderland were in their annual relegation fight.
I just nodded, felt too downhearted to even ask what he was doing in the City end.
Turns out he could not have been more wrong as they stayed up and did us proud at the Stadium of Light when Sergio scored.
Funny old game.

As a dramatic story it will be hard to top. Neck and neck with our closest rivals throughout the season only to have an early spring wobble and hand them the advantage. Then an 8pt gap with 6 games to go when suddenly the supposed seasoned campaigners led by their so-called "master of mind games" had a choking fit the likes of which has never been seen before in English football. Meanwhile City are coming up on the rails in a last, desperate and ultimately flawless charge. As for the last day, as Kolarov said in his post-match interview it was the best way to beat them. Half of the twats were already popping the champagne, City gave them one last sniff of victory then Aguero snatched it away in the dying seconds of a 9 month long campaign In terms of revenge, after years of them looking down their noses, Ferguson's arrogance, THAT banner, refs and media kissing their arse, and every other bloody thing they'd had their way for so long, well imo it was the absolutely perfect revenge. The feelings of sheer horror from 50-90 mins had to be endured to make the coup-de-grace as sweet as it was and there was no better way to stick it to them than winning it like that. Deep down they all KNOW that the derbies that year were what made the difference and old whiskeynose had his arse handed to him on that score.

As an aside from that I think the Sunderland home game is often forgotten from that year, 3-1 down after 85 mins with goals from Balotelli and Kolarov to rescue a vital point. Despite them arguing over a free kick you can't deny the immense will to win that team had

That nasri goal against Sunderland was so important.

I was in the Gents after the Sunderland game when one of their fans says to me that a point each was no good to either of us. Sunderland were in their annual relegation fight.
I just nodded, felt too downhearted to even ask what he was doing in the City end.
Turns out he could not have been more wrong as they stayed up and did us proud at the Stadium of Light when Sergio scored.
Funny old game.

Wrong season lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.