The 2012 Olympics Thread - Its Over :(

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (9th August, Page 219)

"I just wanna go to Nando's"

Proper classy them Leeds birds.

sarahyinlo said:
Thought Tseng had it for a sec, I was devastated when the officials signalled no, then she lost her composure. Mental toughness is something very lacking in our athletes, most of them failing to step up when it mattered (except for that weightlifting silver).

We were pinning our hopes on taekwondo, oh well. But at least Tseng put in a decent effort and is still in the picture for a bronze, unlike the other two who flopped spectacularly yesterday. Shu-Chun Yang lost her quarterfinal 6-0 or something, pretty embarrassing after all that media hyperbole.

Congrats to Jade Jones anyway. Let's hope she beats that chinese girl.
That Chinese girls a cool customer,think it's gonna be very cagey early on.

blue b4 the moon said:
I was watching that taekwondo and thinking how boring zzzz after 2 rounds turned it off. Just got in the car with 30 secs remaining to pick up Mrs Moon from work and the crowd/commentator on the radio were going mad, sounded really exciting made the Tyler/QPR game seem dull. Can't believe it. It's a lesson for all the early leavers....
It may well have been a good end to the fight, but I certainly wouldn't go off anything you hear on the radio. If you put a union flag design on a bag of crisps right now and put it anywhere near the Olympics the commentators would be shouting and screaming at how 'unbelieveable' the bag of crisps was, and how absolutely 'unbelieveable' the crowd were in shouting for the aforementioned bag of crisps! They would then interview the bag of crisps afterwards and ask it how much the 'unbelievable' and 'amazing' crowd were, to which the bag of crisps would reply 'oh they are absolutely amazing, I don't know what I would have done without them............unbelievable' etc, etc

UN......BELIEVABLE!

malg said:
blue b4 the moon said:
I was watching that taekwondo and thinking how boring zzzz after 2 rounds turned it off. Just got in the car with 30 secs remaining to pick up Mrs Moon from work and the crowd/commentator on the radio were going mad, sounded really exciting made the Tyler/QPR game seem dull. Can't believe it. It's a lesson for all the early leavers....
It may well have been a good end to the fight, but I certainly wouldn't go off anything you hear on the radio. If you put a union flag design on a bag of crisps right now and put it anywhere near the Olympics the commentators would be shouting and screaming at how 'unbelieveable' the bag of crisps was, and how absolutely 'unbelieveable' the crowd were in shouting for the aforementioned bag of crisps! They would then interview the bag of crisps afterwards and ask it how much the 'unbelievable' and 'amazing' crowd were, to which the bag of crisps would reply 'oh they are absolutely amazing, I don't know what I would have done without them............unbelievable' etc, etc

UN......BELIEVABLE!
Another dig at the media coverage. You're consistent, I'll give you that!

jimharri said:
Not all of them. Most of the velodrome coverage has been brilliant. Jonathan Edwards has been my favourite up to now, really grounded and talks a lot of sense, the BBC could do with him on MOTD, alongside Steve Cram who has excellent as well. Watch one of them call Bolt 'unbelievable' later on!

malg said:
jimharri said:
Not all of them. Most of the velodrome coverage has been brilliant. Jonathan Edwards has been my favourite up to now, really grounded and talks a lot of sense, the BBC could do with him on MOTD, alongside Steve Cram who has excellent as well. Watch one of them call Bolt 'unbelievable' later on!

To be honest I can see a world record in Bolt tonight which would deserve an unbelievable in my view. Unbelievable Jeff.

MCFC1993 said:
malg said:
jimharri said:

To be honest I can see a world record in Bolt tonight which would deserve an unbelievable in my view. Unbelievable Jeff.
I'd love to see him beat his own world record, but you couldn't really call it unbelievable - he's the world record holder and it's a fast track.

Now, if he done it in a 'Why Always Me' tshirt..............

Absolutely lovin these Olympics the last week, in fact ever since the cycling road race a week last Saturday, ive been hooked on it every day. So much so, I cant get excited at all by the new football season, tbh.

Shame Stockport's finest Keri-Anne Pyne didnt grab a medal in the marathon swim earlier. Was looking forward to seeing her on the sofa with Gabby later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.