The 2017/18 Myths Debunked Thread

Red dippers who join the chorus that City have 20,000 empty seats every game but ironically fail to realise that City have bigger attendances than Liverpool and have done ever since we moved to COMS in 2003. Despite the more recent expansion of Klanfield too.

Red dippers who join the chorus that City have 20,000 empty seats every game but ironically fail to realise that City have bigger attendances than Liverpool and have done ever since we moved to COMS in 2003. Despite the more recent expansion of Klanfield too.

Only cos the sheikh buys up a few thousand tickets every week so it's classed as sold out.

La.

au89af.jpg
Is that the 'gulf' between 1st and 2nd?

‘The United way’ or ‘United are known for playing attacking football’ is the worst one for me. Under Fergie, United were effective and pragmatic but never famous for playing high-risk attacking football. Arsenal were always renowned as playing the best football in the country and there were countless occasions where United would turn up to the big teams and park the bus. I remember the absolutely dour Derby we had against them in 2010 when both teams pretty much settled for a draw and the numerous occasions when, like this season, they went to Anfield with the game plan of defend, defend, defend and then try and nick a goal in injury time. United were known, and will always be known, as a team who’s first tactic is to get the ball wide and get a Beckham or Young to ping the ball into the box for a Fletcher or Fellaini to run onto or for a lucky deflection to make its way to a Scholes type player at the edge of the box. Definitely not beautiful, definitely not good to watch but in many cases, effective, pragmatic, Burnley-esque football. That’s the United way.

‘The United way’ or ‘United are known for playing attacking football’ is the worst one for me. Under Fergie, United were effective and pragmatic but never famous for playing high-risk attacking football. Arsenal were always renowned as playing the best football in the country and there were countless occasions where United would turn up to the big teams and park the bus. I remember the absolutely dour Derby we had against them in 2010 when both teams pretty much settled for a draw and the numerous occasions when, like this season, they went to Anfield with the game plan of defend, defend, defend and then try and nick a goal in injury time. United were known, and will always be known, as a team who’s first tactic is to get the ball wide and get a Beckham or Young to ping the ball into the box for a Fletcher or Fellaini to run onto or for a lucky deflection to make its way to a Scholes type player at the edge of the box. Definitely not beautiful, definitely not good to watch but in many cases, effective, pragmatic, Burnley-esque football. That’s the United way.
I’d have to disagree with you about united’s team from 2007-2009. That team played with elan and gusto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.