The 44th President of the USA

newcrossblue

It's been said that the first 16 presidents of the USA could have owned Barack Obama.

As the 44th President, the Military-Industrial complex will be able to buy him.

And I'm sure given a few months they will.

Plus ça change.

One party state over there.

So go for the one who's less right wing than the other.

I remember watching the Democrats convention and speaker after speaker was promising the right for every worker to join a union and poweres to help them the organise.

I'll believe it when i see it.

mat said:
One party state over there.

So go for the one who's less right wing than the other.

I remember watching the Democrats convention and speaker after speaker was promising the right for every worker to join a union and poweres to help them the organise.

I'll believe it when i see it.

good points, well made

newcrossblue said:
It's been said that the first 16 presidents of the USA could have owned Barack Obama.

As the 44th President, the Military-Industrial complex will be able to buy him.

And I'm sure given a few months they will.

Plus ça change.

What does the first sentences mean?

Are you referring to slavery and as a President, he will sell out a la Reagan/ Bush/ W. Bush??

Bigga said:
Are you referring to slavery and as a President, he will sell out a la Reagan/ Bush/ W. Bush??

Yes, that was the reference being made in the USA on election night.

But he won't sell out, because like the rest, he's already to be one of them.

The US has stonger unions than England and has always been more protectionist.

Corky said:

proportionately the USA also had a larger Communist Party than Britain, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with what you say.

Corky said:

Trade unionism is a dirty word over there, it's the next step to Communism apparently.

newcrossblue said:
Corky said:

proportionately the USA also had a larger Communist Party than Britain, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with what you say.

You 'have' to be a member of of union to work in certain places there. That has been against the lawa here since the early 80s .

Nothing to do with communism, just everyday life. Are unions were weakened to almost nothing in the 80s, they are a lot stronger in the US as they never had Thatcher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.