The 60s and 70s

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Does anybody wish they could just go back to those days ?
Roads were pretty quiet then, now some families have four cars, traffic jams everywhere.
No social media to wind people up.
I remember having about 8 or 9 shirts, 3 pairs of shoes.
I recently counted my shirts I think I have about 74. Just too many. Too much of everything really.
I had 20 odd LPs, now I've got around a thousand in mp3 format. Most of which I've never played.
Life just seemed simpler then. Maybe I'm just getting old and wishing I was young again.
I used to love Stalybridge and Ashton back then, great little towns with hustle and bustle, great variety of shops. Ashton market was buzzing, as was Melbourne st. Stalybridge.
Now its all ASDA and fucking Tesco.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy, I just miss those simpler times.

I'd love to go back to the '73-82 period. And yes, I know that's slightly longer than the era specified (but I started later!). That was my happiest time on this planet,by far. Was at grammar school (somehow fluked my 11+; St Greg's in Ardwick Green); great era for music, loved where we lived, went to nearly every City home game (and a few aways as well).

Born 63, would have loved to be old enough to live through the hippy times but I suspect it wasn't as free easy & chilled as it's eulaguised about now.

Born 57, so a little young to appreciate the 60s, especially the changes to music and women's dress liberation towards showing legs etc.

The 70s were fantastic. Became a young, carefree sailor, travelling around foreign ports without a care in the world. Healthy, fit and being paid to travel, what's not to like.

Early 60s now and reliant on a mobility scooter to get out and about.

Morale is, no matter when you are born, embrace life to the full and never assume you are immortal.

Roads were pretty quiet then, now some families have four cars, traffic jams everywhere.
I recently counted my shirts I think I have about 74. Just too many. Too much of everything really.
I had 20 odd LPs, now I've got around a thousand in mp3 format. Most of which I've never played.
Life just seemed simpler then. Maybe I'm just getting old and wishing I was young again.
I used to love Stalybridge and Ashton back then, great little towns with hustle and bustle, great variety of shops. Ashton market was buzzing, as was Melbourne st. Stalybridge.

The music produced between 65 and 75 must be the finest in any decade. Worth going back just for that.

It's soulless now bud, go to any area and the same big shops are there with the smattering of charity shops to fill up the gaps. Going further back playing on the road because cars weren't taking every inch of the road up, riding a bike without having to fight the traffic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.