the aftermath

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I find that very difficult to believe. Not saying they weren't told that but we all know that quite a few aren't up to it and will have to go.
As Mark Ogden says in the Telegraph:

That goes without saying, mate. But the whole premise of addressing the rank and file was basically, 'get on board, or fook off.'

This was not lost on various members of the squad.

There are those who will deem us now not good enough for them, and others who Bobby does not deem good enough for him...

Everyone should expect squad outgoings of at least TEN.

Well explained.

Just out of interest, if ten are going (and I believe it will be more than that..) how many incomings do you see?

Two or three top-notchers? Or seven or eight to rebuild the squad?

Effin Love Tolmie's Hairdoo me. 'came into the dressing room'. You were there then? I'm going to have a game and guess you are a player? I'm going to go for Nedum, simply because that is the first name to pop in my head. I don't believe in ITK's, but you certainly must be someone connected to the club, very much connected based on the way you phrased your post. Nice one.
Keep us all up to date with up and coming transfers.

Just read my post through and comes across a bit sarccy, its not meant too, its a genuine post.

Project said:
If that was the case we would need incomings of the same amount. The squad isn't big enough as it stands to undergo a European campaign.

Think most top managers ideally want to work with a base of around 25.

I agree, there will be quality additions. However, nowhere near as many as the outgoings led to believe.

The squad is top heavy with high earners, the requirement to supplement wthis with homegrown players by UEFA in the coming seasons ahead, etc.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Project said:
If that was the case we would need incomings of the same amount. The squad isn't big enough as it stands to undergo a European campaign.

Think most top managers ideally want to work with a base of around 25.

I agree, there will be quality additions. However, nowhere near as many as the outgoings led to believe.

The squad is top heavy with high earners, the requirement to supplement wthis with homegrown players by UEFA in the coming seasons ahead, etc.

D'you fancy listing who you think the outgoing players will be...?

If the decision regarding Mancini has been made, is there any chance the club will actually make some sort of announcement? Or do they feel there's no need? Just think the club have nothing to lose from ending the speculation if it's been decided that Mancini's staying.

Pigeonho said:
Effin Love Tolmie's Hairdoo me. 'came into the dressing room'. You were there then? I'm going to have a game and guess you are a player? I'm going to go for Nedum, simply because that is the first name to pop in my head. I don't believe in ITK's, but you certainly must be someone connected to the club, very much connected based on the way you phrased your post. Nice one.

Just read my post through and comes across a bit sarccy, its not meant too, its a genuine post.

If it is Nedum, then I for one want to sit on his lap.

Everyone was told they had a future

Either this is bollocks or our owners know fook all - we need a mass clearout

Thanks for sharing, and good to hear that the powers that be are talking to everyone involved about the future. Am sure there was a plan B for if we didn't quality for CL, but with Europe League on the horizon and 5th still to aim for we have lots to play for.

It will be us next time. Ok, so we may have to see a summer where we move for less well known players rather than the likes of Villa, Aguero and Torres, but in a way I prefer that - we should b making stars not buying them and expecting them to perform.

We have a clear goal for next season already - CL qualifications either through the league or winning the UEFA Cup/Europe League whatever it is by the time we actually get to play in it. No qualifying round this time - there by merit this time.

We almost did it this time (you could say just one bad decision - Huddlestone's stamp - away from 4th), a year ahead of schedule effectively, but the journey has only just begun. If Mancini has a proper pre-season to work with and the ability to add a new faces, next season could be very special for us. The players have to believe that as much as the fans. I don't see Chelsea, Spuds, Arsenal or the scum pulling away from us at all, and all the momentum should be with us for a realistic push for silverware on multiple fronts.

Let's cement 5th place on Sunday and then take a well earned break. If we improve even slightly on this season next time around, I feel silverware and top 4 is more than achievable next season and the vast majority of players at the club have a huge part to play in that.

Pigeonho said:

Have a better first touch than Ned...and second...

As for comings and goings, the way the recruitment process now happens at our club, it would be folly to now try and second guess Mancini.

He keeps his cards very close to his chest, indeed. I would wager some of the names will be obscure, something I personally consider no bad thing.

Transfer targets invariably only leak when the flagging-up goes 'upstairs'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.