The Album Review Club - Week #116 - (page 1381) - You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic - Ian Hunter

Always had you down as more of a ‘Flock of Seagulls’ kind of guy.
In my youth it was more Paul Weller when he had those long floppy front bangs, but I did briefly flirt with an ill-advised Bruce Foxton look. All photographic evidence of the latter was unfortunately consumed in a fire deemed “suspicious” by the authorities.

Fucks sake. The politics sub section is more desirable
I find the back and forth over the Smiths here quite amusing. I believe I have not yet commented as to my perspective on this band. Soon I will no longer be able to keep mum on this topic so I very much encourage @RobMCFC to offer up Meat Is Murder or whatever so I can make my thoughts official . . . . .

I find the back and forth over the Smiths here quite amusing. I believe I have not yet commented as to my perspective on this band. Soon I will no longer be able to keep mum on this topic so I very much encourage @RobMCFC to offer up Meat Is Murder or whatever so I can make my thoughts official . . . . .
I certainly won't be offering up The Smiths but if they do appear, I'll give them a fair hearing like everybody else.

Right, the people have spoken and everybody is officially invited to join in. If you want to nominate an album, let me know in here or drop me a PM but don't say what the album will be - we want some mystery and anticipation every week.

I'll probably publish an initial schedule and then each week add one more nominator so that people will always have enough time to prepare their statement or to ask for a date change if it clashes with something important in their life. I may yet kick off proceedings with my own entry so you can see the kind of format I'm after.

I've changed my mind back to scoring out of 10 as it's what people are familiar with and I've simplified the summary on page 1.

Any objections?

Last edited:
First album for review then.
White Feathers.

Discuss.
Kajagoogoo received a lot of flak from scoop-hungry journalists usually because of the flamboyant fashion sense of Limahl and the rest of the band. Obviously, those critics did not really understand the songwriting and music-making process, which involve song structures, lyrics, instrumentation, arrangement, and all the other elements of music production. Because if they did, then they would have not been derogating Kajagoogoo as “all-looks, no talent.” Instead, they would have heard the complex beauty of its songs.

The instrumental “Kajagoogoo” ended Side A of the album, showcasing the band’s experimental flair, especially of the bass player extraordinaire Beggs, who has become also a respected musician in Progressive Rock. (I have seen him many times with Steve Hackett).

The album was as good an example of 80's Sophistopop as any of their peers produced.

Done.

I certainly won't be offering up The Smiths but if they do appear, I'll give them a fair hearing like everybody else.

Right, the people have spoken and everybody is officially invited to join in. If you want to nominate an album, let me know in here or drop me a PM but don't say what the album will be - we want some mystery and anticipation every week.

I'll probably publish an initial schedule and then each week add one more nominator so that people will always have enough time to prepare their statement or to ask for a date change if it clashes with something important in their life. I may yet kick off proceedings with my own entry so you can see the kind of format I'm after.

I've changed my mind back to scoring out of 10 as it's what people are familiar with and I've simplified the summary on page 1.

Any objections?
Ok Mate, count me in thanks.

I guess any Album that appears and scored I will add to my league table and not review on the Top 1100 - Would seem silly to have it nominated/discussed twice.

I guess any Album that appears and scored I will add to my league table and not review on the Top 1100 - Would seem silly to have it nominated/discussed twice.
Makes sense. Probably a good reason for me to use the same scoring range as well (1-10).

So can I put you down as a nominator then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.