The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

Sure, I promise it won’t be Lou Reeds ‘Metal Machine music’ although I’m a big Reed fan
Good stuff. I've put you down for 4th January.

Anybody else who wants to join the list of nominators, just let me know. @mancity2012_eamo, @Citizen of Legoland and @mancity1 - you are all regular and valuable contributors to this thread. No pressure, but the offer is always there to join.

Including tomorrow, we have 5 weeks to go on round 1, plus any additional contributors who pop up, and after that we'll be going round the loop again.

Now that the scoring for the ISB is over, forgive me for popping this in here while we’re waiting for whatever @Mancitydoogle throws our way.
Listening to THBD got me reminiscing of the golden years in the early seventies of Irish Folk bands. I dug this out which reminds me of Irish radio at the time.

Planxty turned out to be like a folk supergroup. They split soon after this. Went their individual ways.

Right. What genre’s next.

Page #1 of this thread is updated weekly with the overall leaderboard - that has the average score for each album.
As it's week #10, I'll bung it in here as well.

I can confirm that The Masterplan by Oasis was your top score at 7.5.

View attachment 31203
Seems all the good scores were early on. Top 5 were in the first 5 weeks and all since then have been in the bottom 5.

John Mellancamp and The Replacements up top is quite impressive.
I think the reason is because they are both reasonably accessible but also because they have themes that matter, at least to the artist. When evaluating a record, that really resonates with me and I think with others. The tunes need to be right but so do the words. Zep can get away with it and so can other bands but not that many.

Having said that, the scores are pretty close.

Tomorrow's album is a 1980s ambient classic. You're in for a treat.

It's something very different to what we've had before, but it's been great listening to different types of music

I hope you will all enjoy it!

Last edited:
Sure, I promise it won’t be Lou Reeds ‘Metal Machine music’ although I’m a big Reed fan
I remember John Peel playing it for the first time. He skipped each track after about 10 seconds before throwing it in the bin.

The back story was that it was a piss take by Reed to fulfill a contractual obligation for one more album. A mate of mine was a huge fan and actually bought it before reading any reviews (bear in mind this was long before the Internet was a thing)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.