The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

The top 20 posters so far.

Although remember plenty of us in the top 12 have also been nominator for a week so that's 8 of us with an ever-present record.

@Mancitydoogle is the only poster who has voted every week but is not yet on the nominators list. Fancy throwing your hat in the ring for a nomination?

1Mancitydoogle10
2OB19
3Bill Walker9
4FogBlueInSanFran9
5Saddleworth29
6BlueHammer859
7GoatersLeftShin9
8RobMCFC9
9mancity2012_eamo9
10Marklr8
11KnaresboroughBlue8
12Ohholiday(somemightsay)8
13crublu18
14Citizen of Legoland7
15bennyboy7
16manccity16
17journolud5
18Invisible Man's Bandage3
19chesterbells3
20Two Gun Bob3
I was just wondering why I'd missed a couple - I selected one week and missed Kate Bush on another - I remember now........

Good stuff. I've put you down for 4th January.

Anybody else who wants to join the list of nominators, just let me know. @mancity2012_eamo, @Citizen of Legoland and @mancity1 - you are all regular and valuable contributors to this thread. No pressure, but the offer is always there to join.

Including tomorrow, we have 5 weeks to go on round 1, plus any additional contributors who pop up, and after that we'll be going round the loop again.
Thought about it before and said I’d decline if asked. Don’t like the idea of competitiveness in musical taste.
But having seen this thread develop, I must admit that there is none of that on show in here. Just debate and honest critique, so far.

I’ve a lot of time on my hands at the moment. I’ll have a think.
If I still don’t come up with anything that I think is worth debate in here, I’ll still decline.

Tomorrow's album is a 1989s ambient classic. You're in for a treat.

It's something very different to what we've had before, but it's been great listening to different types of music

I hope you will all enjoy it!
Why did I think mancitydoogle was next?
Looking forward to it Goater.
1989 seems current compared to the recent trend.

Thought about it before and said I’d decline if asked. Don’t like the idea of competitiveness in musical taste.
But having seen this thread develop, I must admit that there is none of that on show in here. Just debate and honest critique, so far.

I’ve a lot of time on my hands at the moment. I’ll have a think.
If I still don’t come up with anything that I think is worth debate in here, I’ll still decline.
Unless you pick something like Morrissey in which case you're getting both barrels......... ;-)

Now that the scoring for the ISB is over, forgive me for popping this in here while we’re waiting for whatever @Mancitydoogle throws our way.
Listening to THBD got me reminiscing of the golden years in the early seventies of Irish Folk bands. I dug this out which reminds me of Irish radio at the time.

Planxty turned out to be like a folk supergroup. They split soon after this. Went their individual ways.

Right. What genre’s next.

You’ll have to wait a bit longer for my offering it’s not until 4th January

I like a bit of Irish folk, Planxty spawned Paul Brady and Christy Moore who I both enjoy. Only heard the Waterboys cover this , I like it.

I remember John Peel playing it for the first time. He skipped each track after about 10 seconds before throwing it in the bin.

The back story was that it was a piss take by Reed to fulfill a contractual obligation for one more album. A mate of mine was a huge fan and actually bought it before reading any reviews (bear in mind this was long before the Internet was a thing)
Yes I was aware of that, it was RCA he then went to Arista,I nearly bought the album too as the cover looked great but thankfully got to listen to it in Virgin’s soundbooth.

You’ll have to wait a bit longer for my offering it’s not until 4th January

I like a bit of Irish folk, Planxty spawned Paul Brady and Christy Moore who I both enjoy. Only heard the Waterboys cover this , I like it.
Planxty were a who’s who of Irish folk over the years. A genre that is very incestuous in Ireland.
Matt Malloy, Donal Lunny, Bill Whelan all appeared at one time or another. The fabulous Andy Irvine of course on vocals (not this one, that’s Christy) and Liam O’Flynn RIP, on Uileann pipes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.