The Album Review Club - Week #120 - (page 1413) - The Lexicon of Love - ABC

That’s three of us now can form the BMKB appreciation society!
yeah, I wish she would too, particularly as many fans couldn’t get tickets. If it was going to happen it would have by now I guess.

anyhow thanks for reviewing the album.
I found this, i haven't viewed it yet so i'm not sure of the quality, but it apears to be all of Act 2

Yeah i saw that.
If anyone use a VPN, they can set it to USA and you can view it.
I've just done that and it's working

I've no way of listening to the live version and I know most of the songs anyway...but I'm still gonna listen to that Spotify list. She makes me go week at the knees. Or is that sciatica? Running Up That Hill is one of the best songs ever for me...so atmospheric and like nothing else. I was on a holiday in the Blackdown Hills, Devon when it was in the charts, so I get these haunting memories of that area every time i hear it. Loads of ghosts there....and they were all Kate Bush fans.
So, for the studio versions...it's a 9 from me.

Might be in the minority here but I found her voice in the Hounds of love tracks annoying.
The other tracks from Directors Cut and Aerial her voice did not annoy me at all and really enjoyed most of them.
Will definitely investigate her albums in the future but I remember her more for her TOTP appearances more than her songs.
It will be interesting to see if I like her early or later work better although I will give Hounds of love a miss.
Hard to score but I will go for a 6.
Got a feeling it would have been a lot higher if it was just the Aerial and Directors Cut albums.
Now I'm of to listen to some Joan Armatrading after a track called Down to Zero came after I played the Kate Bush compilation.
Heard Love and Affection that's it.That Down to Zero brilliant track and what a voice.
Love Spotify for that.Tracks from related artists appear after your listening finishes.
PJ Harvey on now with Thom Yorke.
Never knew they collaborated...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.