The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

Thanks for listening more than once mate.

Are you talking about Yessongs? Hard to compare the two and I do prefer Yes live than studio. My memory is that Yessongs did suffer from some muddy production albeit the track list is all that you could ask for from classic yes.

Your comment regarding not recognising the 9th Wave from Hounds of Love did puzzle me a little as the live version follows the studio version almost exactly and of course the first side of Hounds of Love are mostly present through RUTH, Cloudbusting and Hounds of Love. Think Mother stands for comfort is the only track missing.

I've bought the album so it will get listened to.

My point on Hounds was simply that it should have been much more familiar and I was surpised it wosn't.

Yes, I was referring to Yessongs, which was my introduction to Yes and is still one of my favourite live albums.

OK, that's it for week #4. Thanks to @Saddleworth2 for his nomination. Despite the unusual format, Kate Bush's Before The Dawn still managed to get 14 people down to the ballot box and scored an average of 6.79.

Although that's bottom of the leaderboard for now, it's true worth can't be measured until we've had quite a few more nominations because incredibly, there's only 0.26 covering all 4 albums on the board so far.

Before this week's album, a quick note on upcoming nominations: @Onholiday(somemightsay) is busy on holiday, I'm not sure for how long, so I may ask @KnaresboroughBlue and @Marklr to push to the front of the queue. If the three of you can let me know if and when you are OK to take your turn, I'd be grateful.

With that, I'll hand the floor over to @OB1, who I'm sure will have us reaching for that air guitar .... or maybe he'll throw in a curveball? Feel free to drop us a clue or two before delivering your virtual speech tomorrow.

OK, that's it for week #4. Thanks to @Saddleworth2 for his nomination. Despite the unusual format, Kate Bush's Before The Dawn still managed to get 14 people down to the ballot box and scored an average of 6.79.

Although that's bottom of the leaderboard for now, it's true worth can't be measured until we've had quite a few more nominations because incredibly, there's only 0.26 covering all 4 albums on the board so far.

Before this week's album, a quick note on upcoming nominations: @Onholiday(somemightsay) is busy on holiday, I'm not sure for how long, so I may ask @KnaresboroughBlue and @Marklr to push to the front of the queue. If the three of you can let me know if and when you are OK to take your turn, I'd be grateful.

With that, I'll hand the floor over to @OB1, who I'm sure will have us reaching for that air guitar .... or maybe he'll throw in a curveball? Feel free to drop us a clue or two before delivering your virtual speech tomorrow.
I can do whenever. Just have to make my final choice. Still stuck on trying to decide between 2!

Cheers @RobMCFC much appreciated.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.