The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

Not sure if I'm understanding this, but if I'm reading it correctly, it might be better for you to do it in p.m's or a whatsapp group.
Why? I want everybody to be able to review and comment and see everybody else comments.
It's not some exclusive club, I just suggested an interesting way of building up the nominators list, but like I've said, I'm all ears and things may change based on peoples feedback ..... which is the whole point of this "Week 0" phase.

Why? I want everybody to be able to review and comment and see everybody else comments.
It's not some exclusive club, I just suggested an interesting way of building up the nominators list, but like I've said, I'm all ears and things may change based on peoples feedback ..... which is the whole point of this "Week 0" phase.
My mistake. I thought you only wanted people from the other thread to be able to participate.

My mistake. I thought you only wanted people from the other thread to be able to participate.
No, I would never do that. It was about paying due respect to BlueHammer for starting his voting thread and not wanting everybody to abandon the thread. I don't think that will be the case because we have a solid core of people who have commented how much they are enjoying it.

To all:
It seems that there is interest in this thread and that people want to take part regardless of what happens in the Top 1100 thread. How about a compromise where I pick the first set of nominators and anybody can add their name to the list .... providing they are contributing to THIS thread?

I think the idea is that the major participants of the other thread will be the initial nominators of albums and anybody can add a review. Those that contribute to the new thread would then be added to the list of album nominators.

I think the idea is that the major participants of the other thread will be the initial nominators of albums and anybody can add a review. Those that contribute to the new thread would then be added to the list of album nominators.
Yes, that's along the lines of what I was thinking.

I know people might think I'm being awkward trying to tie it down too much, but I think this will only work if people are willing to give everybody else's nomination a fair crack of the whip.Okay, I don't expect every member to review every other nomination slavishly, but nor would I want somebody to lob their nomination in, get it reviewed and then ride off into the sunset.

Last edited:
What happens if my favourite albums are all the ones that are on the other thread? Like Def Leppard? And Carly Simon?
Oh, you've made me laugh with that one!

But just in case you are serious, I have arranged for a van to arrive at your house with a series of burly gentlemen and a straightjacket. Any album that has appeared on BlueHammer's thread would be discarded from this one.

Apologise for not getting back @RobMCFC , it’s a tough gig these music threads, some weeks I struggle to get 10+ Votes , other weeks can get 20+ , just never know.
good luck, more music knowledge the better I say, And honestly don’t worry about my thread - it will continue regardless.

Apologise for not getting back @RobMCFC , it’s a tough gig these music threads, some weeks I struggle to get 10+ Votes , other weeks can get 20+ , just never know.
good luck, more music knowledge the better I say, And honestly don’t worry about my thread - it will continue regardless.
Cheers, mate, and no worries. I'm confident your thread will continue as I know we have a solid core of posters who really enjoy it - me included.

I assume you'll be participating here?

What happens if my favourite albums are all the ones that are on the other thread? Like Def Leppard? And Carly Simon?

*edit. Actually...don't answer that...if they were my favourite albums, I would have shot myself some time ago.
We probably would have gotten to you first :). You’re an easy target; very sluggish after the 16 bong hits you took listening to Bad Company.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.