The Album Review Club - Week #116 - (page 1381) - You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic - Ian Hunter

Must be something on the horizon Fog that tickles his ivories hope its something obscure.
Well . . . I'm avoiding anything in the @BlueHammer85 top 1,100.

Three of the candidates are in my top 6 records of all time and are -- in one case, utterly bizarrely -- omitted from the top 1,100.

The other choices are:

A 70s glam rock minor classic from my hometown
A 70s electronic classic by a band that founded the genre
A 70s electronic classic that spawned one HUGE hit
An 80s southern California punk innovator (one of two records by them)
An 80s new wave keyboard-focused outfit that made great records before they got popular
An 80s super-under-appreciated British blues rock band that disappeared far too soon
An 80s band and record that single-handedly invented a genre
A 90s post-punk/power-pop record featuring one of the greatest guitarists of all time
A 90s "orchestra of anarchy" that spawned one HUGE hit, but the rest of the record is stellar
A 00s super clever, super-catchy American power pop band
A 10s post-punk masterpiece by one of my favo(u)rite bands

There's probably another half dozen I came up with while writing this. So . . . I have some narrowing down to do. Suggestions welcome (but possibly ignored :)) I have quite a while before I'm up again.

Do we know why not?

Technology works in their favour nowadays (granted it's post 2000) as it allows them to still operate as a 4 piece.

How good do they sound?

Plant was totally honest and upfront, saying that he simply couldn't sing those songs, in their original arrangements night after night nowadays. His voice is no longer up to it.

Which is why when on solo tours, he often does Zep songs in different ways and tempos.

On a separate note Plant was in the local Indian by me while my missus was in there a couple of Thursdays ago and offered them a cake they didn't want on his table. He was in there on what they call "Happy Days" which is the cheap special night. Obviously tighter than those jeans he used to wear. She said he was a smooth bastard

I might have to come and hang around your local Indian for a few Thursdays then Nick!

My missus is a Led Zeppelin and Plant nut. Even her car reg iss LED ZEP...LE11 ZEP. (looks better on an actual plate, lol) I tried for her last 'big' birthday to somehow get a birthday card sent to her from old Percy, knowing it would absloutely make her day. However none of the channels I tried were successful, so your local may be a better bet than trying to stalk him at Molyneux to get a card signed for her next one ... :D

Last edited:
Plant was totally honest and upfront, saying that he simply couldn't sing those songs, in their original arrangements night after night nowadays. His voice is no longer up to it.

Which is why when on solo tours, he often does Zep songs in different ways and tempos.
Cheers.

Then to be fair to him that's probably the way to do it (granted we would all still pay heavily to see it).

Sounded brilliant at the O2.......

Three of the candidates are in my top 6 records of all time and are -- in one case, utterly bizarrely -- omitted from the top 1,100.

The other choices are:

An 80s new wave keyboard-focused outfit that made great records before they got popular
An 80s super-under-appreciated British blues rock band that disappeared far too soon
A 90s post-punk/power-pop record featuring one of the greatest guitarists of all time
A 90s "orchestra of anarchy" that spawned one HUGE hit, but the rest of the record is stellar

There's probably another half dozen I came up with while writing this. So . . . I have some narrowing down to do. Suggestions welcome (but possibly ignored :)) I have quite a while before I'm up again.
A few names come to mind but you have a lot of work to do (LOL).

No 2 seems obvious and if so 11/10.

The other choices are:

Still only 10 nominations, so we’re all on a 10-week cycle. And one nominatior has only cast one vote so far. I’ll let them nominate when their time comes, but a gentle reminder to all that participation for all, or most, or at least SOME is encouraged.

On that note, if you are enjoying this thread and would like to join the list of nominators, just let me know in here or via a PM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.