The Album Review Club - Week #120 - (page 1413) - The Lexicon of Love - ABC

Yes sad loss and died quite poor, Ian Hunter remained a good friend right till the end,Bowie not so much.

Which is odd given that Bowie owed him a lot more than Hunter did. I've always had the impression that Ronson was simply too ordinary (in a good way) and down to earth a bloke to make it in a music business which thrives on narcissism and ruthless ambition.

At the risk of mentioning a name that causes chaos on here, and for all the bollocks that has come out of his gob over the years, I remember Morrissey talking about working with him and saying that people admired Bowie but loved Mick, and that had a ring of truth in terms of what 've read about them.

Which is odd given that Bowie owed him a lot more than Hunter did. I've always had the impression that Ronson was simply too ordinary (in a good way) and down to earth a bloke to make it in a music business which thrives on narcissism and ruthless ambition.

At the risk of mentioning a name that causes chaos on here, and for all the bollocks that has come out of his gob over the years, I remember Morrissey talking about working with him and saying that people admired Bowie but loved Mick, and that had a ring of truth in terms of what 've read about them.
I think your absolutely right about Mick, I’d met him on a couple of occasions and
he was a salt of the earth type , he worked as gardener before and after ‘The Spiders from Mars’.When I met him I was with some of the lads who became Slaughter and The Dogs’ and they got him to produce their album.

I think your absolutely right about Mick, I’d met him on a couple of occasions and
he was a salt of the earth type , he worked as gardener before and after ‘The Spiders from Mars’.When I met him I was with some of the lads who became Slaughter and The Dogs’ and they got him to produce their album.

There's a blast from the past. Pretty sure Mick Rossi's little sister was in my class at primary school!

Having been unsure before, and now having listened once, I am now positive I previously owned this record, but it may be concerning that I couldn’t remember. There are way too many familiar riffs and melodies. I’m also pretty sure I must have purchased it for “Cleveland Rocks”, which has always been a favo(u)rite of mine in both this original and the POTUSA version, but it may also have been because of “Bastard”, which I recogniz(s)ed instantly.

This sounds very very very very 1979 which is also quite fun.

Last edited:
Most of you will be pleased to know my Country nomination is one for the future.

Is your country one likely to be in the next round? If so I might bump my country choice up to next week (@Coatigan
you've just enough time to book a last minute break) to avoid there being 2 in close proximity in the next round. If not I'll stick with my current choice as I haven't actually decided yet which of the five country picks on my shortlist that I'm going for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.