The Album Review Club - Week #123 - (page 1446) OK Computer - Radiohead

I can’t think of a UK band but an obvious US band would be The Dave Matthews Band, love em or hate em ,they sell out huge stadiums but only fill small venues in the UK.
sell out Stadiums

FFS might as well have mentioned the R word, cue incoming from California:-)

Yeah I'm liking this, for whatever reason not a band I gave enough time in the 90s, but would have been up my street then. A bit of a pearl ham hootie blowfish lovechild, of sorts.

See they are doing a past albums tour. They are playing through all of blackened sky in one sitting in glasgow, tickets were impossible to get, even with the band pre-sale. Was well up for that gig.
Yeah I tried to get one of the London ones - impossible. Not sure if the old stuff would cut down on the screaming schoolgirl crowd element or not.

First listen and once again the singers voice cuts through my brain like a hot thing passing through some milk based spread. It's also 'dirty' sounding. Not in a good way. Very much late 80's/ mid 90's dirge where nothing really grabs but it just rolls on and on...

We shall persevere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.