The Album Review Club - Week #123 - (page 1446) OK Computer - Radiohead

According to Google translate, “cream of the crop” in Czech is “Smetanka” which is close enough to Smetana.

So I’m going with Bedrich Smetana “The Vltava”.

Very, very close.

Smetana is cream. Ma Vlast is My Homeland. Vltava is one part of Ma Vlast.
This could be interesting for me. One of the first things that brought home the difference between junior and high school was in my first year in 1979, we had to write a 200-word essay on Smetana and The Vltava. WTF? I thought. Pre Google, this meant a trip to Middleton library for the research!

I now always think of this whenever anybody mentions Prague, so it’s very interesting if this is your choice because it will be more homework on the same subject 42 years later!

This could be interesting for me. One of the first things that brought home the difference between junior and high school was in my first year in 1979, we had to write a 200-word essay on Smetana and The Vltava. WTF? I thought. Pre Google, this meant a trip to Middleton library for the research!

I now always think of this whenever anybody mentions Prague, so it’s very interesting if this is your choice because it will be more homework on the same subject 42 years later!
'Kin hell Rob - no chance Middleton library had books on foreign lands in 1979.......... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.