The Album Review Club - Week #126 - (page 1531) - All Mod Cons - The Jam

Damn right I am, you should see the girlies swoon when I talk low pass filters to them.

As for the stylophone there's been a bit of brand damage as a result of you know who. But some of those were brilliant, bet there's a few people been enraged by the Sweet Child 'version'!

'staun' your groon'! They're here to see you. Boo them right back'

He was more into jazz and old-style music so I never got to hear him in Ray Manzarek or Jon Lord mode.

So more Jackie Davies, One For My Baby style stuff? Must have been nice to listen to him.

If you like Hammond and you're ever in need of a 15 minute pick me up, watch Booker T's Jones's Tiny Desk Concert from a few years back. Pure joy.

So more Jackie Davies, One For My Baby style stuff? Must have been nice to listen to him.

If you like Hammond and you're ever in need of a 15 minute pick me up, watch Booker T's Jones's Tiny Desk Concert from a few years back. Pure joy.
Yeah, it was great. We had an organ ever since before I was born (not sure on the type), but he got the Hammond and a massive Leslie speaker in the late 80s. Also had a Korg electric piano and a Yamaha keyboard.

Like many kids, I started to learn it and got quickly bored as I was more interested in football.

Oh, if only I'd carried on!

Yeah, it was great. We had an organ ever since before I was born (not sure on the type), but he got the Hammond and a massive Leslie speaker in the late 80s. Also had a Korg electric piano and a Yamaha keyboard.

Like many kids, I started to learn it and got quickly bored as I was more interested in football.

Oh, if only I'd carried on!

It's never too late, all you need is an Akai MPK and Limmy and you too can become a techno god.

Nothing the Human league did moves me (in a good way).

They are everything I hate about 80s UK music. Atonal singing, aren't we cool with our hair (answer: "no"), no real musical prowess on display. A great, big, fat "URRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
What!

I agree to a small point but only after Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh left in 1980 and formed Heaven 17. Before this, and before Dare, they were experimental and rather good.

Interesting fact, Phil Oakey wasn't their original pick as lead singer, it was Glenn Gregory. But he had just moved to London for a new job so they picked Oakey as he looked the part.

What!

I agree to a small point but only after Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh left in 1980 and formed Heaven 17. Before this, and before Dare, they were experimental and rather good.

Interesting fact, Phil Oakey wasn't their original pick as lead singer, it was Glenn Gregory. But he had just moved to London for a new job so they picked Oakey as he looked the part.

Some interesting stuff on Reproduction and Travelogue.

As for (early) H17, I know you're supposed to be proud of your kids when they do well in exams and stuff, but a few days ago one of my kids announced out of nowhere at the breakfast table the random thought that in his opinion Yard Act would be be able to make fantastic covers of both Fascist Groove Thang and Penthouse and Pavement. In that moment all my worries about whether I was an adequate parent to my kids melted away. (Mrs Spires says my value system is messed up but what does she know).

What!

Bryan Adams put it best for me on "Kids Wanna Rock":-

London to LA, talking 'bout the new wave.
For a couple of bucks you get a weird haircut and waste your life away.
This computerised crap ain't gettin' me off.
Everywhere I go the kids wanna rock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.