The Album Review Club - Week #126 - (page 1531) - All Mod Cons - The Jam

After three successive weeks of ever-decreasing scores, we have a new leader atop the leaderboard. @OB1's nomination, Physical Graffiti, pulled in the same number of voters as The Lonesome Jubilee (19) but crucially scored 8 points more. This gives Led Zeppelin an average of 7.47, a score that may keep them up there for a very long time.

Next up is @KnaresboroughBlue. If previous comments are anything to go by, then we could be in for something a little bit different this week. Feel free to drop us all a clue before posting your nomination tomorrow.

After three successive weeks of ever-decreasing scores, we have a new leader atop the leaderboard. @OB1's nomination, Physical Graffiti, pulled in the same number of voters as The Lonesome Jubilee (19) but crucially scored 8 points more. This gives Led Zeppelin an average of 7.47, a score that may keep them up there for a very long time.

Next up is @KnaresboroughBlue. If previous comments are anything to go by, then we could be in for something a little bit different this week. Feel free to drop us all a clue before posting your nomination tomorrow.

After much indecision, I finally made my choice last week. I somehow doubt it will be troubling the top of the leaderboard though. I had been debating for ages between two very different but very special (to me at least) pieces of music.

I had decided to treat you to Nuneaton's finest but a concert I went to last week changed my mind at the last minute and has spared you all from that fate (albeit only for now)!

You will, instead, be treated to what is my favourite album of all time. The absolute cream of the crop from my homeland. It means a great deal to me personally and that is why I had considered not subjecting it to such fine critical review but in the end decided on going with my heart.

There are a couple of substantial clues in that lot there and it will be interesting to see if anybody can work it out.

I had been debating for ages between two very different but very special (to me at least) pieces of music.

You will, instead, be treated to what is my favourite album of all time. The absolute cream of the crop from my homeland.
That's the main thing. Going with you heart - at least for your first selection - is the way to go.

I'm going to make the assumption that you are from Yorkshire and not Czechia? Not that that helps me much as there are loads of possibilities.

That's the main thing. Going with you heart - at least for your first selection - is the way to go.

I'm going to make the assumption that you are from Yorkshire and not Czechia? Not that that helps me much as there are loads of possibilities.
I'm most definitely not from Yorkshire. How dare you suggest such a thing ;-)

Actually I am from neither of those places though I do live in one of them at the moment and when in the UK I live in the other.

The clues are all there in my earlier post. I was thinking I had made it too easy but perhaps not.

After much indecision, I finally made my choice last week. I somehow doubt it will be troubling the top of the leaderboard though. I had been debating for ages between two very different but very special (to me at least) pieces of music.

I had decided to treat you to Nuneaton's finest but a concert I went to last week changed my mind at the last minute and has spared you all from that fate (albeit only for now)!

You will, instead, be treated to what is my favourite album of all time. The absolute cream of the crop from my homeland. It means a great deal to me personally and that is why I had considered not subjecting it to such fine critical review but in the end decided on going with my heart.

There are a couple of substantial clues in that lot there and it will be interesting to see if anybody can work it out.
There's not much choice from Nuneaton!

I'm most definitely not from Yorkshire. How dare you suggest such a thing ;-)

Actually I am from neither of those places though I do live in one of them at the moment and when in the UK I live in the other.

The clues are all there in my earlier post. I was thinking I had made it too easy but perhaps not.
So they're either Irish, Scottish or Welsh. Wet Wet Wet. haha.

I'm glad you are going for something less obvious because it enriches this thread. I really cant think of anything more tedious then putting forward iconic albums that we all know of by heart. Looking forward to your review mate and I don't have a clue what it is based on your 'clues'.

I'm glad you are going for something less obvious because it enriches this thread. I really cant think of anything more tedious then putting forward iconic albums that we all know of by heart. Looking forward to your review mate and I don't have a clue what it is based on your 'clues'.
To help a bit/lot - the clues are of a linguistic nature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.