The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

@shackattack 's first nomination brings us to the end of round #8.

The Magical World of the Strands by Michael Head & The Strands pulled in a magical 17 voters but after a strong start, the less-than-magical average was 5.68. But as ever, something little different was appreciated by some and it all adds to the magic of the mix of albums we've reviewed on this thread.

Thanks to everybody who continues to participate and making this thread a really good place to come and spend time discussing our musical memories, likes and differences.

Playlist Guessing Game

As is now traditional, we will take a two-week break from the album reviews to play our inter-round guessing game. For any newbies that are not familiar with this, participation is optional but anybody who wants to play, please send me a PM with the name of a track you'd like to nominate for the playlist.

We'll then spend some time listening and you can send me a PM with your top 10 tracks from the list in order.

You can also guess who you think picked what, using the old swap-around rule to disguise your own selection - I'm sure somebody will explain if it's not clear.
  • Top 10 tracks - send me a PM
  • Guesses as to who picked what - post them on this thread

Sunday 2nd June - deadline for entries
Monday 3rd June - I'll publish the playlist and list of nominators on here
Sunday 9th June - deadline for PMs and guess
Wednesday 12th June - First album of round #'9

Any limitations on the song choice? Like the last round was post 2022 or first heard after 2022 etc.

Out of interest… does anyone actually download/have the Bluemoon Song Contest playlist I created on Spotify ?
Yes, it is in my Playlist list along with about a half dozen other "BlueMoon BimboBob" playlists I have created for a fellow listener on the cheap from the Playlist Review Club! ;-)

I'm listening to it right now, as a matter of fact. That way, I don't have to just comb the bottom of the Album Reviews when considering albums to listen to as you'll have them captured. Given our tastes well overlap, it's a good playlist for me.

It's well done, and that's why I give you the likes each time you post it. Not that you are hurting for likes these days from the Cup pile on taking place! :-)

Yes, it is in my Playlist list along with about a half dozen other "BlueMoon BimboBob" playlists I have created for a fellow listener on the cheap from the Playlist Review Club! ;-)

I'm listening to it right now, as a matter of fact. That way, I don't have to just comb the bottom of the Album Reviews when considering albums to listen to as you'll have them captured. Given our tastes well overlap, it's a good playlist for me.

It's well done, and that's why I give you the likes each time you post it. Not that you are hurting for likes these days from the Cup pile on taking place! :-)

Cool! I’m not fussed either way. Just take 2 of the most popular songs from every album nominated. Wondered if anyone actually followed it.

when i add 2 songs each time does it update your end?
It sure does, just like when it does as new songs are added on the Playlist Review thread.

Although at a healthy 18 hours and 18 minutes, I think a random play is needed otherwise I'll be stuck in last year for a while! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.