The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

Agree.As long as it does not interfere with this thread as well.
I gave up on the 5 song thread due to too much to listen to.
I did too. I also like albums more than song collections. And I still like two weeks to do an album here instead of one -- still weekly nominations, just more time to listen and think. I'm here pretty regularly and there is still a lot I've missed.

I should add — what worries me about this idea is pre-empting records to bring to this thread. I know what year I’m picking and my five records and would be happy to bring any of them here except one that was already discussed on the top 1100 thread.
Guys, if there are worries that it will interfere with this thread we don't need to do it. Maybe we should wait for one of the breaks? Rob, your call mate. I wouldn't want anything to dilute the attention to this thread.

Agree.As long as it does not interfere with this thread as well.
I gave up on the 5 song thread due to too much to listen to.
We've been down to 3 for a few rounds now, so you can maybe give it a shot when things pick up again on 12/8/24?

I'll have you know that we even had a trial during the last round on a Canadian pick from the 80's, and you'd be happy with the Judge's verdict on which one got chosen.

I don't think it got much notice given the real "stuff" happening in the UK IRL, speaking of some upcoming trials.

nice one. I'm hopeless. My god I can't identify my Americana from my progressive country from my outlaw country from my folk.

As the Yorkshireman said, I know what I like an I like what I know.

Folk is a whole other beast. But I am the same with the various americananas, it's all country in sheep's clothing.

I have yet to brave this. But I have hated anything with a hint of country so far, so this being full on proper stuff will either break that barrier, or break me.

Last edited:
anyone else other than @OB1 and I want to play 'the very best year for music'? I'm more than happy to organise. Simply nominate your year and your list of 10 favourite albums from that year which demonstrate why it's the best. Then when everyone has nominated vote for your favourite (other than your own) and see if we get a winner. As always in these threads most fun will be in the discussion.
I'm in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.