The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

Parachutes, Rush Of Blood and Viva La Vida are worthy of nominations imo. Some superb stuff.

went off them after those 3 and they turned into huge stadium gig stardom with their songs being catered for that, fair play to them though.
I really liked their second album.
Struggled after that.

Parachutes, Rush Of Blood and Viva La Vida are worthy of nominations imo. Some superb stuff.
You missed their best (IMO) in that list there, but sometimes less exposure is more enjoyment. ;-)
went off them after those 3 and they turned into huge stadium gig stardom with their songs being catered for that, fair play to them though.
Same, unlistenable now.

I can totally see how TH isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Have to say that I have enjoyed the widely different opinions on this one. Something that harks back to the diverse views for RH/OKComputer.The common thread being that they are both bands that are held in such high esteem by their fans.
To get views such as those of @BimboBob are for me what this thread is all about so long may it continue.
Maybe its just me, but I feel that TH just feel more natural and are not trying to be what their record label or critics want. It isnt a case of saying, "look how clever we are".

Have to say that I have enjoyed the widely different opinions on this one. Something that harks back to the diverse views for RH/OKComputer.The common thread being that they are both bands that are held in such high esteem by their fans.
To get views such as those of @BimboBob are for me what this thread is all about so long may it continue.
Maybe its just me, but I feel that TH just feel more natural and are not trying to be what their record label or critics want. It isnt a case of saying, "look how clever we are".
The common thread is I am right about both bands. :) :) :)

OT since none of you will be speaking to me after next week, I wanted to just toss out that my 20 year-old is obsessed with Oasis. Has been since age 12. And I am hopeful that one of you somehow some way will engage with me in case the strongly-rumo(u)red set of shows next summer take place if tickets become overly difficult to obtain. Sorry to sound so needy — getting City tix in the old days was a piece of cake; now it’s not only more expensive but more complicated for a Yank and I can only imagine what this fiasco might be like. Thanks in advance friends.

OT since none of you will be speaking to me after next week, I wanted to just toss out that my 20 year-old is obsessed with Oasis. Has been since age 12. And I am hopeful that one of you somehow some way will engage with me in case the strongly-rumo(u)red set of shows next summer take place if tickets become overly difficult to obtain. Sorry to sound so needy — getting City tix in the old days was a piece of cake; now it’s not only more expensive but more complicated for a Yank and I can only imagine what this fiasco might be like. Thanks in advance friends.
You can go with my missus if you want, she'll get a couple and there's no way I'm going!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.