The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

He's just happy the mad old fool.
Tonight I am a happy mad old fool. Like King Lear. I have two tickets and three kids all of them Oasis fans. Two of them have long covid and silly old bugger that I am I hope this can be a touch stone that gets them better. A year to get back on their feet. With my eldest lad that would be three years suffering from this horrendous condition.

Tomorrow back to being the laser focused genius that graces this (and many other ) threads. And no @mancity2012_eamo I will sadly decline your kind offer of a Dublin deckchair for Oasis.

Doesn’t mean we can’t have a Guinness at some point in an unpredictable future though.

Tonight I am a happy mad old fool. Like King Lear. I have two tickets and three kids all of them Oasis fans. Two of them have long covid and silly old bugger that I am I hope this can be a touch stone that gets them better. A year to get back on their feet. With my eldest lad that would be three years suffering from this horrendous condition.

Tomorrow back to being the laser focused genius that graces this (and many other ) threads. And no @mancity2012_eamo I will sadly decline your kind offer of a Dublin deckchair for Oasis.

Doesn’t mean we can’t have a Guinness at some point in an unpredictable future though.
Almost sounds like a plan.

Evening folks. An enjoyable little hiatus for me and an enjoyable week all in.
Pixies were excellent, a few drinks had and amazingly no huge hangover was an added plus. A few days off work and an enjoyable meeting with my managers where they once again showed themselves up and painted themselves further into a corner...and then a very enjoyable Sunday watching football.
Mixed in with all that has been a couple of listens to @FogBlueInSanFran pick. He really is a little tinker (can I say that these days?) with this offering. Challenging all the FOCs here.
the women of the Wilmslow WI would be up in arms about such an album no doubt.

Like many I got thoughts of Katy perry and Swift lite, bubblegum pop for the emo lesbian. Absolutely no harm in that and pleasant enough to listen to.
Listening to it did make me think of the old Matthew Modine/Lesbian Cowboy film.
You certainly cannot fault her boice and the fact that she has created some good tunes that have certainly been served up on a good production platter.
Another couple of listens needed, but listens that I am not dreading or not looking forward to as i was with PJ or RH

Not my cup of tea but harmless enough.
Good voice no songs stand out for me but again nothing really rotten.
Only gave it a couple of listens and i cannot see me listening to anything by her again but I'm not the target audience.
I take it this is the one artist that sticks out like a sore thumb in Foggy's collection.
Mines was Soft Cell and Marc Almond.

Given it a couple more listens, and it's not really grabbed me if I'm honest.
It's not terrible, but it doesn't really offer anything different enough, but then it's not aimed at me is it. For this reason I'll cut it some slack.
A couple of tracks I quite liked, but I think she sometimes sounds like she's trying a bit too hard to be edgy. Madonna has been guilty of this in the past, when she's at her best making great pop or disco.
Can't be too harsh, as I've said it's a great pick to talk about, but I probably won't be revisiting.
I hoped it would grow on me, but it hasn't I'm afraid.
It's a mid table 5 from me.

Just as an aside. The missus just played ‘Tilted’ by Christine and the Queens.
I believe she is now a he, by preferred pronoun, however that works.
I believe creditation has been added to early Chris and the Queens works to a new identity of Rabin C Redcar.

People can be whatever they want as long as they aren’t hurting someone else in doing so, in my book. You can have whatever sexual fantasy you want also as long as any enactment is consensual and doesn’t involve children. But I find all this choose a pronoun stuff very hard to get my head around. It’s not that I can’t take it serious, I do, but we should be afforded the same respect for our concept of reality as they demand from us.

Mind you I have her/his stuff on now and it’s actually very good.
No one should take it seriously, because it's not. People can call/identify as, whatever they like, but I don't and won't join their warped world....I just hope they get the help they need with their mental illness.

....back to the music, endured 3 listens, which was hard work, music for 8 Yr olds, nothing new about it.....almost like it only exists because of a load of nonsense around who it is ;)
A generous 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.