The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

you want to see the price of it these days. Absolutely crazy stuff. And still they form an orderly queue to spend £1000's on "Executive Tree House"

What self respecting Executive lives in a bloody tree house?

I've just looked at the prices for a week in an executive lodge during the main school holidays!!
I'll stick with the Italian Lakes or heading down to the Amalfi Coast thanks very much.

I think this week that would probably be me!! ;)
How did you get on at Pixies the other night?
I'm not sure you are regularly as "curmudgeonly" as @BimboBob ...but fair and honest and not meant as a sleight.

As for Pixies they were excellent.I even found this grumpy old 55yr old inadvertently moving my legs and shoulders along with it all.
No chat, no bullshit just onstage, wave and straight into it with Black & the gang not wasting time on pleasantries and chit chat just classic after classic. Heavily weighted towards Pilgrim/Doolittle/Bossanova & Trompe.
Pleasing to see a mixed crowd across age ranges although you could tell there were alot of parents who have indoctrinated their kids. Which it would have been in my case, but my son decided that a week in Portugal with his mates was better than a night in Belfast with his old man. Still, the wife thought it excellent and said she was glad she came.
Custom House Square in Belfast is a pretty good venue and even better if you happen to own one of the flats with a balcony right on the square.
Think I do have to thank this thread for actually making me listen to alot more music than I had got into the habit of. It was doing that which made me get off my ass and go to this concert, my first in about 25years...and glad it was Pixies
1725456511208.png

Well a grand total of 16 votes submitted, and a couple that had things to say but didn't put a number on it, can't say it hasn't been an engaging album!

Also got people talking to their families, it seems.

Another valid observation by LG, that this is likely one of the very few (no idea how many others there are if any) albums that nobody seems to have previously listened to or owned. There is an excersise in that, and something to watch.

It had a total of 8 6s, and ends with an average score of 5.28.

Will PM rob the full list for his spreadsheets.

Now over to Journo whenever ready.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.