The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

A bit rubbish but the picture above was Mr Pink form Reservoir Dogs. I should have had a picture of Floyd Mayweather with it probably and then it was a quarter of Pink Floyd.

Ah I didn't put the two images together.

All makes sense when you know!

50 cent

But forget that, get the Macc Lads on
Hmm, might give you the Macc Lads next time although I'd have to listen to them first. Muttley McLad or whatever he was called was the boyfirend of my reflexologists daughter. A good few years ago that. I believe he's a model citizen.

Ideally the original but mentioned in my write up in some respects it doesn't matter. I didn't realise till a couple of days ago it had been reissued
The only version I can find on Spotify (in the US?) is the 2023 remix done by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

I will listen to the original on YT as I suspect the vocals in "Against the Odds" aren't solely Richard's on Spotify.

Hmm, might give you the Macc Lads next time although I'd have to listen to them first. Muttley McLad or whatever he was called was the boyfirend of my reflexologists daughter. A good few years ago that. I believe he's a model citizen.
First saw them at Stairways in Birkenhead. Later at Kilburn Ballroom where Mutley got a direct hit between the eyes (impressive shot) from someone spitting from the front. Without hesitation he wipes it with his finger, tastes it ....
"Aye, I can tell we're down south, there's spunk in that there gob"

I have built up a picture of Richard Wright in my own mind as an unassuming, even diffident man. The opposite of the megalomaniac Waters and without looking too deeply into it he was always my favourite member of Pink Floyd...

In some respects this is a slight album. 10 tracks, six of them instrumentals. This works for me, Wrights vocals are plaintive, almost moribund and an albums worth of them might be too much. As it is the instrumental interludes set us up nicely for the songs with lyrics.
I'm with you on this, at least my second favourite. ;-)

I was fortunate to see "Pink Floyd" on their tour for 1994's The Division Bell, and Richard's performance of "Wearing the Inside Out" was amazing and fantastic. I love his unassuming vocals on that track and how, when it was his turn to shine as leading the band on that song, boy did he.

He was so much a part of the sound that made this band, the crucial "glue guy" that every band has to have, and when it's his turn to come out of the shadows of those at the forefront, wow, does he deliver.

It was my privilege to see him live, with that version of the band, as I was too young to see them before it all went separate ways in the early 1980's.

I'm with you on this, at least my second favourite. ;-)

I was fortunate to see "Pink Floyd" on their tour for 1994's The Division Bell, and Richard's performance of "Wearing the Inside Out" was amazing and fantastic. I love his unassuming vocals on that track and how, when it was his turn to shine as leading the band on that song, boy did he.

He was so much a part of the sound that made this band, the crucial "glue guy" that every band has to have, and when it's his turn to come out of the shadows of those at the forefront, wow, does he deliver.

It was my privilege to see him live, with that version of the band, as I was too young to see them before it all went separate ways in the early 1980's.
I never got to see Pink Floyd live. I watch a fair bit on YouTube from time to time, particularly the Live Aid reunion. I’ll have a look next time I’m browsing there for that track.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.