The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

In some ways I find it a bit too close to the rolling stones nomination of a couple weeks ago. Quality definitely there, but I have used a lot of my listening effort for that type on that album. A couple songs I quite like though.
I tend to think of a couple of albums for my nomination and then listen to them for a few weeks to reacquaint myself with them and then decide on which one , in this case it was a few months.Ive never actually considered the other nominations put forward in the last few weeks, in hindsight perhaps I should , when we’ve had The Stones and Areosmith recently.
i probably should have gone for that Country album lol.

I tend to think of a couple of albums for my nomination and then listen to them for a few weeks to reacquaint myself with them and then decide on which one , in this case it was a few months.Ive never actually considered the other nominations put forward in the last few weeks, in hindsight perhaps I should , when we’ve had The Stones and Areosmith recently.

Just like @Black&White&BlueMoon Town we're heading to Nashville this afternoon!!!

I'm a bit worried by the low number of reviews so far - only 4!!!!

Where is everybody?

I wonder how things would have played out if this had come before the stones nomination. But between that, aerosmith and the adverts, I do feel a bit of late 70s saturation myself. I know the latter two are quite different in style, but as a period and a recording 'quality', they have similarlies.

That said, I can't say I disliked anything on this album. Ships, when daylight comes, and outsider are the 3 that stood out to me, the rest didn't do that much but was pleasant enough to have on. The comments on voice, that was not something that struck with me. A decent 6.

Should that really matter? Should we not be taking the album for what it is what we thought of other albums?
I tend to juts go with whether I like it or not and then try and put my scores against those selections from the past.

I'm not quite sure whether I get the whole voice police thing...as otherwise who on earth would listen to Radiohead?

Someone that I had never listened to save for ATYD and so wasnt sure what I ecxpected. From the first track, which as I say, instantly reminded me of Glory Days I enjoyed it throughout. Easy enough to listen to, some hooks and decent songs. Although I did agree with the comments about how simple some of the chorusses were, one line and repeat 6 times. We had Joe Strummer moonlighting last week and this week we had Bowie, but still enjoyable.

Have to be brief as off to work....It's an 8 from the Derry jury.

Loved this. Bowie inspired and so many good numbers. First 3 tracks are just great ‘Just Another Night’, ‘Wild East’ and ‘Cleaveland Rocks’ all upbeat glam rock.
Rest is all very good including the couple of slow numbers.
Only one I didn’t get on board with was ‘Bastard’ - track never went anywhere and plodded along horribly to my ears.

Anyhow, great pick. Count me in as a Ian Hunter fan. 9/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.