The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

Just a clarification that I should have made earlier:

When you submit your Top 10, you can't vote for your own song.

Nobody has done this, but the subject has been raised.

As a few of you have been asking, and don't necessarily always venture into the Prostate Cancer thread, I have an update on my cancer treatment.

I have been given the go-ahead to take Abiraterone, so I took my first dose this morning. A quick recap: this is normally a second line of treatment when cancer has spread and it needs to be held at bay. My situation is that the cancer hasn't spread beyond the prostate (OK, it's poking out a bit), but my oncologist has fought for me to have the drug because it has shown great results in preventing cancer re-occurrence for men in my situation.

I will have a brachytherapy session in mid- to late September, followed by 15 radiotherapy sessions 2 weeks later. The aim of this treatment is to cure the cancer.

Just over a month from my first hormone injection, aside from frequent hot flushes, I'm getting no other side effects (yet) and life continues as normal.

As a few of you have been asking, and don't necessarily always venture into the Prostate Cancer thread, I have an update on my cancer treatment.

I have been given the go-ahead to take Abiraterone, so I took my first dose this morning. A quick recap: this is normally a second line of treatment when cancer has spread and it needs to be held at bay. My situation is that the cancer hasn't spread beyond the prostate (OK, it's poking out a bit), but my oncologist has fought for me to have the drug because it has shown great results in preventing cancer re-occurrence for men in my situation.

I will have a brachytherapy session in mid- to late September, followed by 15 radiotherapy sessions 2 weeks later. The aim of this treatment is to cure the cancer.

Just over a month from my first hormone injection, aside from frequent hot flushes, I'm getting no other side effects (yet) and life continues as normal.
All the best Rob. You do a sterling job on these threads and I'm sure everyone is 100% behind you.

All the best Rob, and in some ways I take positives in reading how you are taking all this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.