The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

Am I too late for The Cars? Gave it 3 listens and quite enjoyed it overall. Just haven't had time to write reviews really with being in the middle of my daughter's exams, our move back to the UK and events of Sunday both here (where my team avoided relegation on the last day of the season) and in England.

If I'm allowed to sneak a late review in I'd give it a solid 7. Enjoyable without really standing out.
I've posted the scores already, sorry. But as previously noted, the scoreboard is not the be all and end all, so it's good that you've had time to listen and post your thoughts.

Ah, it's a soundtrack! It has Irish connections and since 2000.

So I'm going for either the soundtrack to The Departed or Once. I'm going to guess Once since it's kind of a musical.
Correct, it's Once. I'd never heard of it.

Here's what @BlueHammer85 had to say ......

Once_(2006_film)poster.jpg

My nomination is …. ‘Once’ the Movie Soundtrack

I know soundtracks shouldn’t really count - but this is such a beautiful album it should get a pass.

If you haven’t seen the movie, I recommend watching it before giving this a go - I know that’s a big ask but it’s such a wonderful uplifting film and only about an hour long I think - the first 10 minutes you will be getting used to it filmed on a low budget camcorder … by the final 10 mins , you will have forgotten.

It’s a film that has always stuck with me, not just because I’m a soppy Southerner- but I just wasn’t expecting anything from it when I watched but it’s as close to a real life love story you can get and the music throughout is perfect to the story - it made me a Glen Hansard fan and I could of picked a couple of his solo albums instead - but this is where I first heard of him, also co star Marketa Irglova who has such a lovely voice.

There is a few weak fillers here and I know many will find this average and boring - which is fine - for me , ‘Falling Slowly’, ‘If You Want Me’, ‘Lies’, ‘Gold’ and ‘Leave’ make this soundtrack a justified pick.

Enjoy

Ah, it's a soundtrack! It has Irish connections and since 2000.

So I'm going for either the soundtrack to The Departed or Once. I'm going to guess Once since it's kind of a musical.
Feck you Foggy. I’m just in the door and didn’t get a chance to guess.
Falling Slowly, from Once is the stand out and most recognisable song. Beautiful too.

Correct, it's Once. I'd never heard of it.

Here's what @BlueHammer85 had to say ......

View attachment 44492

My nomination is …. ‘Once’ the Movie Soundtrack

I know soundtracks shouldn’t really count - but this is such a beautiful album it should get a pass.

If you haven’t seen the movie, I recommend watching it before giving this a go - I know that’s a big ask but it’s such a wonderful uplifting film and only about an hour long I think - the first 10 minutes you will be getting used to it filmed on a low budget camcorder … by the final 10 mins , you will have forgotten.

It’s a film that has always stuck with me, not just because I’m a soppy Southerner- but I just wasn’t expecting anything from it when I watched but it’s as close to a real life love story you can get and the music throughout is perfect to the story - it made me a Glen Hansard fan and I could of picked a couple of his solo albums instead - but this is where I first heard of him, also co star Marketa Irglova who has such a lovely voice.

There is a few weak fillers here and I know many will find this average and boring - which is fine - for me , ‘Falling Slowly’, ‘If You Want Me’, ‘Lies’, ‘Gold’ and ‘Leave’ make this soundtrack a justified pick.

Enjoy
Good film which I enjoyed at the time. Not sure if the soundtrack will stand up on its own though. Will find out soon.

A musical! thankfully it’s not ’Mamma Mia! ‘
ive heard of Glen Hansard but never listened to him or his band ‘The Frames’
apart from a cover of Springsteen’s ‘Drive all night’.
Nice voice, so looking forward to watching the film and listening to the album.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.