The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

I like some ambient music but prefer it to be primarily synth based. I don't like vocals with ambient and didn't like most of the singing on here. Some o fht spoken word was ok but I'd still rather forgo it.

I agree with The Fog that the violin was on the screechy of the spectrum.

Overall, I though it was just ok but not something that i would purchase so 5/10.

I would like to visit Orkney though.

Just a quick thank you to @RobMCFC for this thread and by extension @BlueHammer85 whose review thread inspired it. I was just looking back and we've done 37 records here plus all those on the BH list -- I've gotten to not quite all of them but I count 60+ records I've listened to in the last year-plus, many of which I'd not heard, across a wide variety of genres. That has to be the most new/different music I've listened to in such a short time span since the early 90s. It really is a treat and I look forward each week to the next one, and try my best to carve out time for several good listens and a review. I'm really enjoying this and I appreciate all the effort the whole pod here makes to put up interesting choices and perspectives.

City fans really are the best across all fields of edeavo(u)r!!

Just a quick thank you to @RobMCFC for this thread and by extension @BlueHammer85 whose review thread inspired it. I was just looking back and we've done 37 records here plus all those on the BH list -- I've gotten to not quite all of them but I count 60+ records I've listened to in the last year-plus, many of which I'd not heard, across a wide variety of genres. That has to be the most new/different music I've listened to in such a short time span since the early 90s. It really is a treat and I look forward each week to the next one, and try my best to carve out time for several good listens and a review. I'm really enjoying this and I appreciate all the effort the whole pod here makes to put up interesting choices and perspectives.

Well said and I echo those thoughts to a tee.

I am looking forward to all the yet to be posted choices and of course the next one from Fog as well as there must be a piece of music that he enjoys that I don't (LOL) which is what makes this thread all the more interesting than it otherwise would be.

I am looking forward to all the yet to be posted choices and of course the next one from Fog as well as there must be a piece of music that he enjoys that I don't (LOL) which is what makes this thread all the more interesting than it otherwise would be.
Oh I assure you I can find one ( . . . checks to see if Throbbing Gristle or Psychic TV are on Spotify . . . and they are!)

Thanks.

Whilst any of us can listen to whatever music we like whenever, I think there is something to be said for being "forced" to listen to something in the same time frame as others. A bit like TV broadcasts in the pre-video era.

Add to that the album of the year thread (which probably now needs a bump) and it covers a fair bit of current release too. Echo the above at the two.

Add to that the album of the year thread (which probably now needs a bump) and it covers a fair bit of current release too. Echo the above at the two.
Yeah, with me going on holiday, and being content to listen to stuff already on the list, I've not checked in with it for a while. I think (hope) that thread will gain momentum through the autumn/fall if not before.

really love the opener ‘Haar’ - can listen over and over

‘First of the Tide’ is really chilled

Atmospheric all the way through, can picture just sitting on some rocks watching the waves, boats etc listening to this , it does capture the scene well or reminds me of a ending to a dramatic TV show

Few dull and forgettable moments here and there

Good pick

6/10

Yeah, with me going on holiday, and being content to listen to stuff already on the list, I've not checked in with it for a while. I think (hope) that thread will gain momentum through the autumn/fall if not before.

there have been a few things i could have put up, but i would be putting them uo to bump the thread and as filler, and not because they really grabbed me, so thought better not. Few things coming up as you say may see a pile-on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.