The Album Review Club - Week #116 - (page 1381) - You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic - Ian Hunter

Just noticed on the spreadsheet that despite the fact I have had two nominations, I'm the first to dish out 100 points.

Just noticed on the spreadsheet that despite the fact I have had two nominations, I'm the first to dish out 100 points.
Easy grader! I can't help but notice the two records I gave my highest scores to are in the bottom four! Even though it's too late to score, I need to listen to that Jason Isabell record given its marks -- I think that's the only one I've missed. I've been listening to that Drive-By Truckers record about weekly since it showed up here. I really love it.

Easy grader! I can't help but notice the two records I gave my highest scores to are in the bottom four! Even though it's too late to score, I need to listen to that Jason Isabell record given its marks -- I think that's the only one I've missed. I've been listening to that Drive-By Truckers record about weekly since it showed up here. I really love it.
It’s good that people are hearing things and liking them. I really believe that it helps to give us a focus. Outside of what we each know and love, we have a choice of tens of thousands of artists and millions of albums to choose from. There’s too much choice and nothing to stop us hitting the skip button when we hear 30 seconds we don’t connect with.

By 10-15 of us listening to the same album in the same time frame, I’m finding the experience more rewarding, regardless of whether the reviews are positive or negative. I’m also listening to albums I haven’t listened to fully for years because they sound a bit like the one that’s been picked in that week.

I agree I am starting to warm to it and without this thread I doubt I would ever have listened to it outside some random fluke.
None of my fellow music lovers in OZ had even played the album and many of them have far more time and opportunity to come across such music than I do.

I am going to listen to The Big To- Do and Go- Go Boots in the coming weeks also for the first time.

I think this band is sneaky good 13 albums in 21 years suggests they might be.

I agree I am starting to warm to it and without this thread I doubt I would ever have listened to it outside some random fluke.
None of my fellow music lovers in OZ had even played the album and many of them have far more time and opportunity to come across such music than I do.

I am going to listen to The Big To- Do and Go- Go Boots in the coming weeks also for the first time.

I think this band is sneaky good 13 albums in 21 years suggests they might be.
You have the 3 albums featuring Isbell Decoration Day,The Dirty South and A Blessing and a Curse.
It is interesting to see the change in musical direction after he left.
Brighter than Creation's Dark onwards.
Drive-By Truckers - Wikipedia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.