The Album Review Club - Week #119 - (page 1405) - People On Sunday - Domenique Dumont

Absolutely wonderful write up and I’m listening already. Never been to the Orkneys (the closest I’ve gotten is Brora) but I do like a good ambient and this already sounds like a wonderful accompaniment to the California version of your “scotch by the fire” — to wit, some CBD gummies and a 90-minute massage with eucalyptus oil (and a good-looking masseuse).
And his name?

Glad you are listening and enjoying it.

thats what I find so fascinating. That capability came from Orkney.

The great Orcadian Neolithic monuments were constructed almost a millennium before the sarsen stones of Stonehenge were erected.[21] At one time it was believed that this flowering of culture was essentially peripheral and that its origins were to be found to the south on mainland Great Britain. However, recently discovered evidence shows that Orkney was the starting place for much of the megalithic culture, including styles of architecture and pottery, that developed much later in the southern British Isles.

Just mind blowing stuff.
it's an amazing place. Skara Brae needs to be seen in person. They had dressers to show off their prized possessions. Maeshowe, a contemporary of Stonehenge, has a similar style to places in Ireland, and has the most Viking runes in Europe. It would now seem that pre history Britain started in Orkney. Very strange and fantastic at the same time.

it's an amazing place. Skara Brae needs to be seen in person. They had dressers to show off their prized possessions. Maeshowe, a contemporary of Stonehenge, has a similar style to places in Ireland, and has the most Viking runes in Europe. It would now seem that pre history Britain started in Orkney. Very strange and fantastic at the same time.
I haven’t been yet but intend to go. I have fishing buddies who visit every year for the wild brown trout fishing. It is very good too.

OK, here's the update for Mr Dvořák. Did Rusalka tempt us into the waters? Well, not in huge numbers, but 11 people did listen and score giving Rusalka a respectable average of 5.82. An interesting choice, as ever, from @KnaresboroughBlue .

Looks an interesting choice although hopefully isn’t too much like those nature and whale CDs they play in shops that sell joss sticks and tarot cards

Fuck all like that...as if I'd listen to that racket...
Yep, I’ll give you that, it’s much better than those plinky plonky whale crashing through the forest CDs. Three listens in I definitely don’t dislike it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.