The Album Review Club - Week #116 - (page 1381) - You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic - Ian Hunter

I can’t abide prog rock.
As an aside, Roy Harper was a god to me, but it isn’t one of his.
My choice were loved by John Peel and Jimmy Page.
I am very confident my choice will poll last.

I'm going to guess Little Feat. "Dixie Chicken" perhaps?
Did you pick up some subliminal clue (which was obviously wrong) or are you just pulling names out of the air?

I couldn’t possibly guess an album or artist but I’m going for something punkish from between 1978 and 1982.

Did you pick up some subliminal clue (which was obviously wrong) or are you just pulling names out of the air?

I couldn’t possibly guess an album or artist but I’m going for something punkish from between 1978 and 1982.
Little Feat was Page's favo(u)rite band and Peel loved them too. One of my college roommates had "Dixie Chicken" and we used to listen to it fairly regularly. I had never heard of them before then.

Americans have absolutely no appreciation for how influential Peel was. It's impossible to narrow down the number of bands he loved; it's easier for Page so that's why I went with what I did.

If it's as you say timeframe and artist-wise then I suspect @denislawsbackheel is understating what their popularity will be, at least for me!

Little Feat was Page's favo(u)rite band and Peel loved them too. One of my college roommates had "Dixie Chicken" and we used to listen to it fairly regularly. I had never heard of them before then.

Americans have absolutely no appreciation for how influential Peel was. It's impossible to narrow down the number of bands he loved; it's easier for Page so that's why I went with what I did.

If it's as you say timeframe and artist-wise then I suspect @denislawsbackheel is understating what their popularity will be, at least for me!
I don’t think John Peel ever played the kind of music I like so this might be interesting.

Little Feat are ace so shame it's not them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.