The Amazing Line Of Duty starts again tonight

Makes good tv if I'm honest.

yeah wondered why James Nesbitt was randomly in one episode. Surely not linking the other cop show the producer is behind?

I think if they sort out the H storyline this episode then a future series could start afresh

Made by a different production company and set in a different universe I think. Nesbitt's character in bloodlines has a different name.

I think he is there because he can but in a quality cameo performance and the producer enjoys working with him.

It’s like Mourinho working with Carvalho 3 times or Clough and Redknapp signing their favourites at multiple clubs.

Made by a different production company and set in a different universe I think. Nesbitt's character in bloodlines has a different name.

I think he is there because he can but in a quality cameo performance and the producer enjoys working with him.

It’s like Mourinho working with Carvalho 3 times or Clough and Redknapp signing their favourites at multiple clubs.

thought it was written by the same people?

thought it was written by the same people?

Bodyguard and Line of Duty are both written by Jed Mercurio. He was executive producer of all three but didn't write Bloodlands.

But the inclusion of Nesbitt actually points against a crossover rather than towards. You get reappearances by actors in different cameo roles in serial dramas (Eastenders, midsomer murders) where the audience will have forgotten and you can skirt past it without it being an issue, but it wouldn’t work here. There is one overriding story arc not individual units and his picture would feature on the whiteboards scenes. It would be an elephant in the room.

You could explain it by developing a story of long lost twins etc but I don't think the audience would approve and the series would become a joke.

Totally stupid. Anyone thinks this is good stuff needs to check-in to have their bumps felt. Couldn't believe it could get anymore contrived and far fetched.. but guess I was wrong...

Episode 5, running out of Jill Dando and Cliff Richard plot so let's pivot to a bit of Damilola Taylor.

Anyone can write a script based on copying out news stories.

Now we've got 1 week left to complete the missing 50% of the plot on about 4 storylines instead of developing 1 to pay it off properly. Hope they just tie it up and start again instead of leaving these plots hanging yet again for another year.
Still watching?

Just caught up, don’t know about the cliff hanger at the end but fucking Nesbitt’s mug was a bit of a shocker, I try not to watch anything he is in on principle. Dilemma if he turns up in person
Hopefully he gets caught up in the blades of an out-of-control combine harvester in the final scene.

Bodyguard and Line of Duty are both written by Jed Mercurio. He was executive producer of all three but didn't write Bloodlands.

But the inclusion of Nesbitt actually points against a crossover rather than towards. You get reappearances by actors in different cameo roles in serial dramas (Eastenders, midsomer murders) where the audience will have forgotten and you can skirt past it without it being an issue, but it wouldn’t work here. There is one overriding story arc not individual units and his picture would feature on the whiteboards scenes. It would be an elephant in the room.

You could explain it by developing a story of long lost twins etc but I don't think the audience would approve and the series would become a joke.

ahh there, had my wires crossed

nice one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.