The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually crazy that we managed to pick up Nolito for less than Aston Villa bought Jonathan Kodjia for and Ilkay Gundogan for less than Bolasie!

Genuinely shocked at the lack of a shock last day mega signing. Shocking really.

Genuinely shocked at the lack of a shock last day mega signing. Shocking really.
I sniff the sarcasm.

I miss the days of window long procrastination by clubs and last minute big deals. Was Ozil the last big deal that went through late on?

I think the football world started snooping round for transfers for the summer from January onwards in recent years with added pressures probably, to get everyone in early for preseason. Thats especially our stance with our setup now being all professional and what not so don't think we'll have a BIG last minute signing any year soon. If we ever get in for one of the best players in the world I wouldn't mind the club keeping it unannounced until the last minutes to maximise excitement for the fans again (provided we could keep a lid on it from the press). Suppose the statement days are behind us though really with our position within the top bracket of world football now and no Gary Cook - e.g. whenever do Barca and Real Madrid make last minute bigguns like Robinho?

Agreed
Was just hoping for a little more established players , Kroos / Bonnuchi etc etc
It's all great buying potential and players for next year

Maybe the players we have bought, will be "NAMES" in years to come. Maybe the time to judge, is after
we have seen what this squad of players can do, under Pep. Or maybe you're just pissed because you can't
play oneupmanship with your rag mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.