"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

Only seeing bits of media on here I'm a bit out of the loop but, have the articles produced so far been any different from the stuff usually lazily churned out previously?

I would say so. Theres little to no click bait and the articles ive read have been of a high quality with just the facts or the writers unbiased interpretation. To be Frank it's a fucking breath of fresh air. Whether I'd say it's worth the full sub fee next year is debatable. I'd like more overseas football articles and a lot more on boxing but I'm very happy with it so far.

I have subscribed and enjoying the content although I was dissapointed that Sam Lee decided to pad his piece out regarding Rodri by commenting on Citys supposed tactical fouling. Called out on it by a few Blues in the comments section but tried to justify it by saying its in the Amazon documentary where Arteta tells Gundoğan and somebody else to do it.

I have subscribed and enjoying the content although I was dissapointed that Sam Lee decided to pad his piece out regarding Rodri by commenting on Citys supposed tactical fouling. Called out on it by a few Blues in the comments section but tried to justify it by saying its in the Amazon documentary where Arteta tells Gundoğan and somebody else to do it.

It's not supposed, it's what we do. He outlined the main reason why we get away with more than most too. Most fouls in your opposition's half do not get carded. Thais is where we foul if the initial press hasn't worked. They aren't bad enough fouls to give a yellow card on their own.

Walker and Sterling got booked in our own half on Saturday.

Sam Lee did a live Q and A after the WHU game too, which, whilst wasn't groundbreaking, had some interesting tidbits in it.

There don't seem to be many articles on a day to day basis, which I think they could slightly increase, but their content has been consistently higher than that of the main papers. There is little bait of any kind, just their opinion/player's opinion backed up with some research.

They had an interesting piece by Rafa Benitez published this morning.

It's not supposed, it's what we do. He outlined the main reason why we get away with more than most too. Most fouls in your opposition's half do not get carded. Thais is where we foul if the initial press hasn't worked. They aren't bad enough fouls to give a yellow card on their own.

Walker and Sterling got booked in our own half on Saturday.
Thats fine but the duplicity is when other teams indulge in this but do not find themselves the subject of similar comments only City.

Thats fine but the duplicity is when other teams indulge in this but do not find themselves the subject of similar comments only City.

Turn that frown upside down.

City are better at "tactical" fouling than anyone else. It happens about 3 times a game. The refs don't seem itnworthy of carding our players. I don't really care what the narrative of most journalists is.

Tbf to Sam he only covers City and he's never claimed that City are unique in tactical fouling, or tried to imply that it's problematic for the sport or the league.

Turn that frown upside down.

City are better at "tactical" fouling than anyone else. It happens about 3 times a game. The refs don't seem itnworthy of carding our players. I don't really care what the narrative of most journalists is.
Good for you!

Whilst the odd City article every couple of days is good I find it hard to read any of the articles about other top 6 teams as they are so sycophantic and contain info only really relevant to supporters of those teams.

I’d much rather read football related articles about interesting nuances in other teams, the sort of stuff you don’t find elsewhere.

As for the rafa stuff, which is interesting, most of it has been paraphrased elsewhere anyway.

Not sure I’ll renew next year at this rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.