"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

It’s a decent article in my view given that they were the last side to beat us in the league and Rafa Benitez is a regular writer for them. What agenda have I missed?
I don't seem to see the same agenda with the Athletic as most on here. Perhaps due to me being a yank, I'm happy to have it. Although they have their writers from their markets, I think I would just find it informative as a "casual " neutral in the USA. Granted, I don't have, nor do I care to click on, the Daily Mail among many, who do their best to rile up the footballing public in the UK.

I don't seem to see the same agenda with the Athletic as most on here. Perhaps due to me being a yank, I'm happy to have it. Although they have their writers from their markets, I think I would just find it informative as a "casual " neutral in the USA. Granted, I don't have, nor do I care to click on, the Daily Mail among many, who do their best to rile up the footballing public in the UK.

I’ve got it for a year, so will decide close to the end of that period as to whether it is worth my money.

So far, it’s been ok. A few decent articles and some that don’t pique my interest. That in itself is amazing for me, as I don't read 99% of the media in the UK.

What is in their favour is that they aren’t click baiting, which has been the dearth of journalism, and they seem to have more time to research articles, which make them a better read.

I enjoy any article that makes me think or challenges my perception, especially in football. The Athletic’s reporting this season seems far ahead of other publications (going on what people say on here at least!). I’d give it 7/10 so far. Decent, but could be better.

Yesterday, The Athletic offered me a year's subscription for £19.99, and having read a few articles - and enjoyed them - I decided to take the plunge.

The one about Eric Garcia was very informative, as was today’s on Jack Harrison and I will be going back to their previous pieces on City players.

I’m also a fan of American football, though much more casual than I am City or even football in general, so I will have a look at some of their gridiron stuff too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.