"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

Yesterday, The Athletic offered me a year's subscription for £19.99, and having read a few articles - and enjoyed them - I decided to take the plunge.

The one about Eric Garcia was very informative, as was today’s on Jack Harrison and I will be going back to their previous pieces on City players.

I’m also a fan of American football, though much more casual than I am City or even football in general, so I will have a look at some of their gridiron stuff too.
How did you get it for £19.99 or was it just a random offer via the app?

If you download the app and put an email address in then you can read two free articles. And then if you delete the app and reinstall and put in a different email address you can read two more. Repeat ad infinitum. And you never have to verify your email address so you could just stick in whatever you like.

If you download the app and put an email address in then you can read two free articles. And then if you delete the app and reinstall and put in a different email address you can read two more. Repeat ad infinitum. And you never have to verify your email address so you could just stick in whatever you like.

I think you can read two articles free of charge each month.

Haven't seen any discounts except the ones they launched with?

I accidentally signed up for a year when I overran my free trial but the content is above everything else so I'm not going to complain.

I did get told by a colleague, however, that Tifo were offering discount codes but I thought that was just standard procedure for these types of sites.

I've enjoyed it quite well thus far. Only had the subscription for a couple of weeks but beats reading the tabloid sites that make my eyes bleed with all the ridiculous ads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.