"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

Wasn't it the Athletic that reported confidently in December that all we'd get was a fine?

Just another disreputable news source.

I’m surprised at how quickly The Athletic has fallen from being interesting to click bait nonsense.
Yes, everyone hates Kyle Walker now, but for a news source that promised originality and insight to send me alerts and emails to re-read the same old crap about Walkers indiscretions has highlighted how far it has fallen.

Looking forward to cancelling my subscription no matter what offers they throw at me.

Pearce has just made my mind up, the bad weirdo.

What a lying get. Liverpool failed FFP in 2013 and 2015. They escaped punishment in 2013 only because they failed to qualify for Europe. They were all set to fail in 2015 when they escaped punishment by fraudulently offsetting £35 million (some sources say £50 million) in non-existent stadium development costs for a non-existent stadium in Stanley Park.

What a lying get. Liverpool failed FFP in 2013 and 2015. They escaped punishment in 2013 only because they failed to qualify for Europe. They were all set to fail in 2015 when they escaped punishment by fraudulently offsetting £35 million (some sources say £50 million) in non-existent stadium development costs for a non-existent stadium in Stanley Park.

Always intrigued me that proposed Stanley Park development. When was there any possibility that the council would allow anyone to build a 60,000 seat stadium in the middle of a public park? It would surely have had to be a joint stadium between Everton and Liverpool and have included facilities available for public usage, both of which would have made it a non-starter. Far easier just to buy up as many houses around Anfield as possible, leave them to deteriorate into rat infested shit holes, and force any remaining locals to sell at a knock down price .... I can't believe they didn't think of it!

I’m surprised at how quickly The Athletic has fallen from being interesting to click bait nonsense.
Yes, everyone hates Kyle Walker now, but for a news source that promised originality and insight to send me alerts and emails to re-read the same old crap about Walkers indiscretions has highlighted how far it has fallen.

Looking forward to cancelling my subscription no matter what offers they throw at me.

it’s pathetic & I called out Daniel Taylor for appealing to his target audience for writing it, he blocked me. I actually respected him but they are clearly worried for their jobs.

strange they feel the need to build their brand is to compete with the Sun rather than write informative honest articles.

it’s pathetic & I called out Daniel Taylor for appealing to his target audience for writing it, he blocked me. I actually respected him but they are clearly worried for their jobs.

strange they feel the need to build their brand is to compete with the Sun rather than write informative honest articles.

It was bound to happen eventually, like you say, even more so now they’re singing for their supper.
They have to generate clicks somehow but jumping on the Kyle Walker bandwagon was about as cheap as it gets

Always intrigued me that proposed Stanley Park development. When was there any possibility that the council would allow anyone to build a 60,000 seat stadium in the middle of a public park? It would surely have had to be a joint stadium between Everton and Liverpool and have included facilities available for public usage, both of which would have made it a non-starter. Far easier just to buy up as many houses around Anfield as possible, leave them to deteriorate into rat infested shit holes, and force any remaining locals to sell at a knock down price .... I can't believe they didn't think of it!

The purpose of this was simply to make sure that idle passers-by didn't see any difference between the housing and the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.