"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

Thank fuck Sam Lee has gone.
I'm not sure I understand this post mate, firstly he was generally speaking, a good reporter on City, secondly he's not "gone", just moved to another outlet, don't know if he'll still report exclusively on City or not, but I expect with his contacts he will be one of our reporters there, and thirdly it seems they are making the move into mainstream reporting in europe by grabbing these reporters, not just for the us market.

Thank fuck Sam Lee has gone.
I'm not sure I understand this post mate, firstly he was generally speaking, a good reporter on City, secondly he's not "gone", just moved to another outlet, don't know if he'll still report exclusively on City or not, but I expect with his contacts he will be one of our reporters there, and thirdly it seems they are making the move into mainstream reporting in europe by grabbing these reporters, not just for the us market.
I would imagine, given the model of The Athletic, he will still be primarily reporting on City.

After all, why hire someone with well-developed City sources and then have him write about the Los Angeles Lakers?

Financial doping then? Should have generated revenue the right way by phone hacking, page 3 girls, and selling yesterdays papers to the chippies at a discount in the 70's.

Disrespectful motherfuckers.

I would imagine, given the model of The Athletic, he will still be primarily reporting on City.

After all, why hire someone with well-developed City sources and then have him write about the Los Angeles Lakers?
Yeah my thoughts too, I don't think it will be aimed solely at the us market, its clearly a strategy aimed at cornering a uk market, Sam may be a united fan, but he is primarily a reporter on City, and must have some very good contacts within the club.

There aren't many I take notice of, in fact hardly any, but Sam does an OK job for me, Martin Samuel is another, I don't live on their every word, but they tend to be at least neutral on City, unlike the vast majority.

Yeah my thoughts too, I don't think it will be aimed solely at the us market, its clearly a strategy aimed at cornering a uk market, Sam may be a united fan, but he is primarily a reporter on City, and must have some very good contacts within the club.

There aren't many I take notice of, in fact hardly any, but Sam does an OK job for me, Martin Samuel is another, I don't live on their every word, but they tend to be at least neutral on City, unlike the vast majority.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Not sure I’ll be subscribing to The Athletic, though — already have far too many ****ing subscription services.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.