The back four isn’t title winning quality

Puts in to focus just how immense Laporte is.

He's out for the season imo with that kind of injury.

A January buy would be helpful however is there space for a foreign spot in the squad?

This would be a major concern before we have replaced Kompany we may also need to recruit for Stones and Otto perhaps. That would be a massive rebuild imo and not sure if its feasible.

It won't happen, Stones will probably stay as back up as he is only 25. We need a world class centre back to partner Laporte. That would leave Stones and hopefully one of the younger lads will make the breakthrough as cover.

We as a club,a team and as fans have to adjust to life after vinny,he has been the defensive leader whether he plays or not and the one they look to,being without eric is terrible timing,nico and john have to settle and one of them have to step up as the leader,i think we will have many more days like yesterday in the near future

It is neither daft nor knee jerk imo and some might describe your post as head in the sand.
The problem could be you cannot afford to loose too many games (5 max I reckon), and to loose this early on is not good. Watching how bad the defence was yesterday I can understand peoples concerns.

If Vinny get the sack, could we sign him back on before the transfer window opens?

The problem could be you cannot afford to loose too many games (5 max I reckon), and to loose this early on is not good. Watching how bad the defence was yesterday I can understand peoples concerns.
But we’re a team who can go three months unbeaten.

What I’ve noticed over the years is that our fan base read far too much into individual games and let that run with their general opinion.

It’s clear to see in this thread after a poor performance and defeat but the reaction to that happening (same as Newcastle last season) is “season over” “not a title winning defence” etc.

It is the first poor game we’ve played since January.

Every team in every era ever has a fucking terrible performance in them. We’ve had two this calendar year.

The reading too much into individual games is the same with our fan base when we’re at our very best n’all when people say we’re going to piss it and Liverpool are shit, their front three are shit, VVD is shit and Klopp is shit.

Never read too much into anomaly performances. No team is ever as bad as they are at their worst nor as good as they are at their best.

So let’s see how this back four are come the end of October rather than after the one terrible game they’ve got in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.