The back four isn’t title winning quality

Agree that every great team has at least one terrible performance in them, but yesterday reminded me of watching us in Pep's 1st year in charge, especially in defence.

But we’re a team who can go three months unbeaten.

What I’ve noticed over the years is that our fan base read far too much into individual games and let that run with their general opinion.

It’s clear to see in this thread after a poor performance and defeat but the reaction to that happening (same as Newcastle last season) is “season over” “not a title winning defence” etc.

It is the first poor game we’ve played since January.

Every team in every era ever has a fucking terrible performance in them. We’ve had two this calendar year.

The reading too much into individual games is the same with our fan base when we’re at our very best n’all when people say we’re going to piss it and Liverpool are shit, their front three are shit and Klopp is shit.

Never read too much into anomaly performances. No team is ever as bad as they are at their worst nor as good as they are at their best.
This,have a quick rant then move on,adjust expectations with vinny and eric out and it's hard to keep up the intensity 3 seasons running

He has so far been shite for the rags,he would take months to adapt to being in a pep team,knee jerk reaction to cry why didn't we buy him
No he hasn't, he has played well, nothing outstanding but a good solid start.

No knee jerk reaction from me, I wanted him in the summer, he's a proper defender , and would have added something we have not got. Also a very good aerial threat at set pieces.

When we won at Stamford bridge with the KDB goal two years ago I thought the team (with Stones and Otta at the back) were absolutely fantastic and on a different level to even the other top PL teams. They can do it and have done it.

We were weak even before Laporte was injured.
Laporte
Stones
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Walker
Garcia

Is not weak

Barcelona have pissed a CL final playing Yaya at centre half, and played full seasons winning a treble and a double with Pique and Mascherano with that bobbins youth player as back-up and pretty much nobody else of note.

Before yesterday our weak defence had conceded the least amount of goals and the least amount of shots of any team in the first four games in the league.

Yesterday was an anomaly.

No he hasn't, he has played well, nothing outstanding but a good solid start.

No knee jerk reaction from me, I wanted him in the summer, he's a proper defender , and would have added something we have not got. Also a very good aerial threat at set pieces.
In a defensive team,he would not just walk into our team and instantly fit in,chances are he would be a walking diaster to start with,a bad result and everyone moans about who we haven't brought,eric was fit in the summer and nico and john are perfetly good defenders and 2 kids,we had plenty,no-one coild forsee erics injury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.