The back four isn’t title winning quality

They have also proved they don't have it in them. Alongside Laporte and Vinny is one thing ....
Think you underestimate VVD but of course there is the overestimating by the media too.
Not going to be for the feinthearted again this season, so Gawd knows how I'll survive it again.
Ha last year nearly finished most of us off

Not just the fee but the wages,they are paying him tons more than we would and keep our structure intact
Pack it in with the sensible stuff, we lost, the world ended, doom gloom and panic is stalking the thread. Fuck me, not that long ago an "anomaly" was winning a game, or scoring a goal.....Anger and diappointment is inevitable at that performance, it's the solutions and the coulda/woulda/shoulda's that are hugely ott. Ps, anyone got fat sam's number....

Funny how we've won the league with Walker, Stones, Otamendi and Zinchenko.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office.

Pack it in with the sensible stuff, we lost, the world ended, doom gloom and panic is stalking the thread. Fuck me, not that long ago an "anomaly" was winning a game, or scoring a goal.....Anger and diappointment is inevitable at that performance, it's the solutions and the coulda/woulda/shoulda's that are hugely ott. Ps, anyone got fat sam's number....
Haha :)

He has so far been shite for the rags,he would take months to adapt to being in a pep team,knee jerk reaction to cry why didn't we buy him

i'm not sure if Maguire could have been a real workable solution in our squad, unless we had zero defensive capability.

He's not a city player. Guys like Walker and Laporte who can get behind Eddy when there is danger, but who can push and overlap in the middle going forwards, allowing Gündoğan and Zinchenko to drop back and move up again - i'm not sure i'd trust Maguire in a roll like that in our squad. He's poor in the national squad, he's not been a blazing glory for Utd, and i can fully understand why City pulled out of talks for him.

Pep needs players who can adapt to different rolls, and in a fit City squad i doubt Maguire would get regular first team games - i can understand Pep, Kaldoon and our owners not being keen to outlay the £ Utd paid for a player who might just about make our second team.

And yet all of them have won it before.

We were collectively shit today. Draw a line under it and go again. It's a long season.

I really don't understand these kind of comments, dodging the truth and not seeking improvement. Yes, we should look forward and yes, we were collectively shit this game, but on what part is the guy wrong about the following?

Walker - Despite being off form for parts of last year he’s comfortably the best of this back four selection. Not saying much though.
Stones - Inconsistent. Needs to play alongside a leader to bring out his best form.
Otamendi - Seems to have a major clanger in him every game or so. Not very vocal or organised.
Zinchenko - Done well for himself overall but he’d struggle to get a game as a starter in pretty much all the other top 6 sides. He’s clearly not a top player.

He is completely spot on. Just because Henderson and Milner won the Champions League last season doesn't make them Xavi or Iniesta. They are shit, or mediocre at best, yet they won the UCL.

Walker has great games and sometimes really poor games where he does school boy errors, just as with Stones. They've had 2-3 years to learn from Pep but they both suffer from being inconsistent, that's their biggest issue. Why, I have no idea, but the really great players (Laporte, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero, Ferna, De Bruyne), they rarely show inconsistency. That's what separates the best from the rest. Otamendi was great two years ago, at his peak, but nowadays cause us problems every game. Zinchenko has done tremendously fighting for his place in Mendy's absence, but he is a squad player and not a world class left back.

I truly believe we will have a completely different set-up to our back four next season. Mendy - Laporte - New CB - Cancelo.
Pep will seek competition for John Stones as he is not at the level of Laporte. I am also confident we will get a new LB if Mendy (god forbid) would hurt his knee a third time.

Last edited:
I really don't understand these kind of comments, dodging the truth and not seeking improvement. Yes, we should look forward and yes, we were collectively shit this game, but on what part is the guy wrong about the following?

Walker - Despite being off form for parts of last year he’s comfortably the best of this back four selection. Not saying much though.
Stones - Inconsistent. Needs to play alongside a leader to bring out his best form.
Otamendi - Seems to have a major clanger in him every game or so. Not very vocal or organised.
Zinchenko - Done well for himself overall but he’d struggle to get a game as a starter in pretty much all the other top 6 sides. He’s clearly not a top player.

He is completely spot on. Just because Henderson and Milner won the Champions League last season doesn't make them Xavi or Iniesta. They are shit, or mediocre at best, yet they won the UCL.

Walker has great games and sometimes really poor games where he does school boy errors, just as with Stones. They've had 2-3 years to learn from Pep but they both suffer from being inconsistent, that's their biggest issue. Why, I have no idea, but the really great players (Laporte, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero, Ferna, De Bruyne), they rarely show inconsistency. That's what separates the best from the rest. Otamendi was great two years ago, at his peak, but nowadays cause us problems every game. Zinchenko has done tremendously fighting for his place in Mendy's absence, but he is a squad player and not a world class left back.

I truly believe we will have a completely different set-up to our back four next season. Mendy - Laporte - New CB - Cancelo.
Pep will seek competition for John Stones as he is not at the level of Laporte. I am also confident we will get a new LB if Mendy (god forbid) would hurt his knee a third time.
Haha. That was a good laugh, cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.