The back four isn’t title winning quality

Yeah but how often Stones and Otamendi did play together that season. I remember Kolarov playing CB that season quite often as well. Kompany played games here and there too.
They played together a lot if my memory is right but my memory is shit! someone clever will have the stats for that,if in 3 months with eddie behind them the stats are similar i'll head the line for panicing

Oh no Aguero isnt good enough - Buy another striker
Kompany is finished at this club - Buy another defender
Ferny wont be able to play another season - Buy someone new
LB / Zinchecnko doesnt work - Buy another LB
Stones cant pass - SAck him
Sterling isnt good enough, cant score- Get rid
passing out of the back wont work - The media said so!
Peps football wont work in this country - Sack him
KDB injury means we cant win the prem - we're doomed

All the above was started by pundits and our media haters - Just like the Laporte bullshit. It's written for fans of other teams to get excited about, why some mcfc fans join in with feeding this bullshit propaganda I dont know

Learn from the above - We always find a way.

Oh no Aguero isnt good enough - Buy another striker
Kompany is finished at this club - Buy another defender
Ferny wont be able to play another season - Buy someone new
LB / Zinchecnko doesnt work - Buy another LB
Stones cant pass - SAck him
Sterling isnt good enough, cant score- Get rid
passing out of the back wont work - The media said so!
Peps football wont work in this country - Sack him
KDB injury means we cant win the prem - we're doomed

All the above was started by pundits and our media haters - Just like the Laporte bullshit. It's written for fans of other teams to get excited about, why some mcfc fans join in with feeding this bullshit propaganda I dont know

Learn from the above - We always find a way.

Some of that is obviously bollocks. But the defence isn't good enough.

What it doesn't show is how many of those games they had bravo behind them,i assume they are counting peps first season when bravo played and he was changing the way we play and defend,so many things thats plain numbers don't give you
And the full backs either side of them were two Pep got rid of because they weren’t good enough.

Fernando also played a fair few games in front of them.

Some of that is obviously bollocks. But the defence isn't good enough.
We do not know whether the defence will be good enough.

It might very well be good enough.

Saturday could have been the best thing to happen to us since Leicester and Everton away a few years ago.

And the full backs either side of them were two Pep got rid of because they weren’t good enough.

Fernando also played a fair few games in front of them.
Yep i'm inclined to call bullshit on the sky narrative,they have spend the last 2 seasons saying our defence can be got at when we let in 1 more prem goal than the worlds best defender,at least now they can run with this with glee now we are actually weaker at the back

Pep hasn't trusted Stone in two title run ins. That to me speaks volumes about his lack of development. Him and Otamendi aren't good enough. We need two CBs of high quality this summer.
Yeah can not think what Pep was doing playing his most experienced fit and in form player, Kompany, none of us would have picked Kompany would we

I personally don’t think it’s good enough so the rest of the side will have to work their bollocks off to ensure they don’t have to do much. Saying that, all 3 goals conceded were shit. How often do you see teams in the prem concede a goal like that from a corner.

I'm not raving lad watch the goal. Stones is pointing to Otto to pass back to Ederson. He should be screaming that a Norwich player is coming behind him at a rate of knots and get rid. He did not see that. Watch the replay and tell me he did.
I wasn't there but I bet our lads in the away end were screaming 'MAN ON'.
It does not matter who was screaming what Ottamendi is a professional football player, he is trained to be aware of what is going on, you might as well blame Ederson as he was as close

What we need is another CB of Laporte's quality or very close to it. There is no doubt about that. Lets say Skriniar for example, that kind of calibre CB we need to play alongside Laporte long term.

Unless Stones steps up quickly and proves he is elite level CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.