The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the bookies still have us as favourites to finish in the top four, although the odds are rapidly shortening.
West Ham will be desperate to win their last match at home so i don't see Utd getting anything from that game.

West Ham will be desperate to win their last match at home so i don't see Utd getting anything from that game.

They were supposedly desperate to win the cup in their last FA cup match at Upton Park last month and they ended up meekly surrendering to the Rags. I can't see anything other than a Rag win, probably 1-0 (it will be their only shot on target no doubt!).

Even if we get 4th and Liverpool win the Europa we don't go to champions league.. Is that correct?

Let's put a quid on Villa signing off from the Premier League with style :D

Hope you are right but I have been warning for weeks that the switch from when this game should have been played to it becoming the last ever match at Upton Park was another of the many pieces of luck United have had this season to be in this position.

Play it when it should have been played and West Ham would have won.

Tomorrow I think that is far less likely as West Ham are now out of all hope of CL (we are 6 points clear with a far better GD). They do not seem too fussed for Europa football given last Saturday. And last matches at famous old stadiums often help the away side as they are not in any danger of being caught up in the occasion.

With us gift wrapping the chance to United at exactly the wrong moment - the first time all season to go out of the top 4 at the latest but one possible opportunity (when there is no real come back) the stars have aligned against us.

I think the EUFA black magicians have been involved in the dark arts let alone some dodgy ones. They will find our predicament hilarious.

Such a difficult match to call IMO, West Ham are a very decent team and will obviously be desperate to win but every chance the occasion could get to them. A West Ham win would be amazing, we could get top 4 without even needing a win last day but I'd be delighted if it is a draw at this point because we couldn't ask for more than to have it back in our own hands. A shitty 1-0 win for the rags with one chance created all match looks frighteningly plausible.

They were supposedly desperate to win the cup in their last FA cup match at Upton Park last month and they ended up meekly surrendering to the Rags. I can't see anything other than a Rag win, probably 1-0 (it will be their only shot on target no doubt!).
Utd only scrapped a win against Norwich in a dreadfully poor game. With arguably their best player Martial out i just don't see them winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.