The Bee Gees

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
So I was watching this interview on Parkinson with the Bee Gees they did a couple of their songs in particular they did Massachusetts and New York mining disaster they play them obviously with an acoustic guitar and I couldn't help but think how complete the sound was with just that acoustic guitar and their 3 voices blending and harmonizing in fact I prefer this to the actual released versions which had a backing band Drums excetera, the only other band I can think of that made me feel like this were Simon and Garfunkel it's amazing how just two singers or 3 singers and an acoustic guitar can sound so complete

What do you think and do you know of other bands are videos that can show this

Class. Good songwriters write songs which sound great as simple acoustic tracks. That means the melody and lyric content have been finely honed into a great song. Of course, great harmonies play a part too.

Are any of them still alive? Shame if not, but if I'd been that rich and talented in the late 70's I'd have been sticking it in anything and died of all sorts of aids so maybe not such a surprise :-(

Are any of them still alive? Shame if not, but if I'd been that rich and talented in the late 70's I'd have been sticking it in anything and died of all sorts of aids so maybe not such a surprise :-(

Just Barry

He lost his 3 younger brothers

Superb singers and songwriters, grossly under rated then and now.

Oh, and all the song title puns have been used on here before by fkwits when their mother died.

Superb singers and songwriters, grossly under rated then and now.

Oh, and all the song title puns have been used on here before by fkwits when their mother died.
6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.