the bell waldron

disley blue boy

I have just rescued my extensive programme collection from the clutches of my wife . (again) whilst reading and sorting out I wondered did anyone frequent the great mans restraunt and what became of it .and what was it realy a great meal in a ucp restraunt.just wondering as it was a little before my time.

disley blue boy said:
I have just rescued my extensive programme collection from the clutches of my wife . (again) whilst reading and sorting out I wondered did anyone frequent the great mans restraunt and what became of it .and what was it realy a great meal in a ucp restraunt.just wondering as it was a little before my time.

The UCP (which stood for United Cow Products) sold the sort of food that you (or Hannibal) can only dream about now .........and yes it was delicious

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
disley blue boy said:

The UCP (which stood for United Cow Products) sold the sort of food that you (or Hannibal) can only dream about now .........and yes it was delicious
I think my dad told me years ago that it was a tripe restraunt ,

The Bell Waldron was actually quite nice. It was good quality English food served in nice surroundings. You have to remember that the restaurant scene wasn't anywhere near as cosmopolitan as it is now. Even Chinese and Indian restaurants were rare in those days and Prawn Cocktail was seen as sophisticated. So it was steak, meat, fish and chicken mainly iirc. It was in Elms Square, Whitefield, where Total Fitness is now. There was a block of shops on the ground floor and you went upstairs to the restaurant.

my god - I remember seeing the advert for that restaurant in the programme - so now I know I wasn't dreaming - wasn't Colin Waldron a Burnley player?

DiscoSteve said:
my god - I remember seeing the advert for that restaurant in the programme - so now I know I wasn't dreaming - wasn't Colin Waldron a Burnley player?
that made me think of something else that I thought I imagined,,,,didn,t king colin appear in a frosties advert with tony the tiger around the same time

disley blue boy said:
DiscoSteve said:
that made me think of something else that I thought I imagined,,,,didn,t king colin appear in a frosties advert with tony the tiger around the same time
Think you're right about Belly and the Frosties ad.
Also I remember Franny advertising a Lyons Maid Ice Cream lolly called "Score".

Manchester City, ruining kids teeth since 1970.

Colin Waldron was a Burnley player. Paul Doherty was head of sport at Granada & City programme editor (and son of former City great Peter Doherty), and Colin Bell did appear in a Frosties advert. I have a photo somewhere, but the clip is on YouTube somewhere.

Gary James said:
Colin Waldron was a Burnley player. Paul Doherty was head of sport at Granada & City programme editor (and son of former City great Peter Doherty), and Colin Bell did appear in a Frosties advert. I have a photo somewhere, but the clip is on YouTube somewhere.
Waldron played at Bury before going to Burnley. That's how he knew Bell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.