The benefits of privatisation

So the arches will be owned by some foriegn or british investor, does that include the bridge and tracks layed above them?

Water and reservior infrastructure is owned by private firms
Gas and electricity infrastructure is owned privately
Ports and docks and some beaches owned privately
Railway services local buses ran by state providers from other nations or owned privately.
Airports owned privately also we have no national carrier.
Vast areas of the capital owned privately
Telecomunications owned privately.

So this country we are now getting back our soviegnty back apparently isn't owned by us anyway.

Not even third world countries as stupid enough to sell everything off.

Privately owned businesses are generally more efficient, with the exception of the railways. Oh wait.....

So the arches will be owned by some foriegn or british investor, does that include the bridge and tracks layed above them?

1. Water and reservior infrastructure is owned by private firms
2. Gas and electricity infrastructure is owned privately
3. Ports and docks and some beaches owned privately
4. Railway services local buses ran by state providers from other nations or owned privately.
5. Airports owned privately also we have no national carrier.
6. Vast areas of the capital owned privately
7. Telecomunications owned privately.

So this country we are now getting back our soviegnty back apparently isn't owned by us anyway.

Not even third world countries as stupid enough to sell everything off.
I don’t have a problem with 3 (docks) 4 ( buses) 5, 6 & 7.

1 & 4 (railways) are a fucking disgrace.

Not happy with 2 or 3 (ports)

3 (beaches) is a bit more nuanced. Not sure there’s anything inherently wrong with a private entity owning a beach, or part thereof.

My old (East) German teacher used to love regaling us with communist tales of her life under Honecker et al:

To quote Frau Braun:
'The telephone in our house broke down, so my father rang the Staats Telefon department and asked for a date when the engineer could come and repair it.
“The next available slot is in 4 yrs, two weeks and four days.”
"Will that be in the morning or the afternoon?”
“Why do you ask?”
"We’ve got the plumber coming round in the morning”
Sounds like BT.

I don’t have a problem with 3 (docks) 4 ( buses) 5, 6 & 7.

1 & 4 (railways) are a fucking disgrace.

Not happy with 2 or 3 (ports)

3 (beaches) is a bit more nuanced. Not sure there’s anything inherently wrong with a private entity owning a beach, or part thereof.

Would have made churchills speach redundant at the very least.

"We will fight them on the beaches.. as long as we are allowed access and right of way".

I am not too bothered about beaches either, parts have been privately owned for centuries, and I think nealy half the coastline is crown estate anyway, but there were reports of the ones owned by MOD being sold off to anybody, which personally I don't see the reason would rather those coves if state owned and not open to public anyway were looked into for such things as tidal energy production or as freshwater reserves are expected to diminish possible desalination areas to top up reservoirs (though that would be costly).

Infrastructure investment is more important to me than a quick profit floggin off assets and then paying partly to the upkeep of them anyway.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.