The Best Club

mrjds777

I really don't want this to turn into a thread about recent matches and how we should be doing better etc. If you want to talk about that post on another one.

I was just wondering whether anyone else after watching the videos on the OS at the moment (Nedum's, Abu Dhabi) feels amazing about the club. Does anyone else know if other clubs show their fans stuff like this?

I think regardless of performances at the moment, this club had changed so much since the takeover, and almost wholly for the better. I am immensely proud of City, not that I wasn't before but now I can't believe how lucky I am to support such an amazing club with seemingly great people playing for it and running it.

I honestly can't wait to see what the future holds.

Anyway, sorry to make this into some sort of love-in but i really wanted to share it! What does everyone else think?

Yeah after watching the stuff on the OS i agree with you. I think this club is going places with these people in charge. It is good to be a blue......

i was lucky i started to support city in 66, i saw them win everything except the grand national, since 76 i,ve been living in hope that those days would return, we nearly got it right in 81,and then with howard kendall, always thought that if we had won the fa cup that year that we would have gone from strength to strength, think now we have the greatest chance ever of regaining some of the sucsess we had 40 years ago, my youngest son has started to ask me about colin bell and the 68 team he buys the city mag every month and is fascinated by that team, the younger eliment of support at the club i think is a lot better supporter than what i am they have seen nothing except the odd win here and there and premiership football all under that disgusting cloud across at trafford, we are the best club because of the support especially the younger who deserve to see city win a trophy and kick on from there.

mancunial said:
i was lucky i started to support city in 66, i saw them win everything except the grand national, since 76 i,ve been living in hope that those days would return, we nearly got it right in 81,and then with howard kendall, always thought that if we had won the fa cup that year that we would have gone from strength to strength, think now we have the greatest chance ever of regaining some of the sucsess we had 40 years ago, my youngest son has started to ask me about colin bell and the 68 team he buys the city mag every month and is fascinated by that team, the younger eliment of support at the club i think is a lot better supporter than what i am they have seen nothing except the odd win here and there and premiership football all under that disgusting cloud across at trafford, we are the best club because of the support especially the younger who deserve to see city win a trophy and kick on from there.

I am probably the same age as you Mancunial and i endorse everything you have said.
I really want the boys to win something for my 14 year old son who has been going to see City for years with nothing but the odd 3-1 AND 4-1 to keep him going .During which time he has had to put up with sooooooooo much shit for the Rag fans he and ALL of those who aren’t old deserve it.
I think these guys are the real deal .They aren’t in it for the money like the Rags and Bin Dipper owners they want the glory to reflect well on them and their country and if that means we as city fans get some glory we i am fine with that

I know exactly how you feel. I live in perth australia and there is a good support out here for us too. Im 28 and lived in manchester until a couple of months ago and have never seen even the slightest indication were good enough to win a trophey. But now i really feel like we could. we might not have won the games we would hope to and the games the media have hyped us up to win. but all those games we have drawn are games we would for certain have lost before. we have turned a corner and for once i think we have a real chance of winning somthing and forcing them rags to take down that banner they love so much. Just watching the videos on the os makes me smile makes proud and more and more people are taking notice of us thats why we are getting so much stick. We were everyones favourite second team, because we were no threat, now we are hated because we have the power. If we were not a force to be reckoned with mangers and press alike would not bad mouth us.

mrjds777 said:
I really don't want this to turn into a thread about recent matches and how we should be doing better etc. If you want to talk about that post on another one.

I was just wondering whether anyone else after watching the videos on the OS at the moment (Nedum's, Abu Dhabi) feels amazing about the club. Does anyone else know if other clubs show their fans stuff like this?

I think regardless of performances at the moment, this club had changed so much since the takeover, and almost wholly for the better. I am immensely proud of City, not that I wasn't before but now I can't believe how lucky I am to support such an amazing club with seemingly great people playing for it and running it.

Anyway, sorry to make this into some sort of love-in but i really wanted to share it! What does everyone else think?

Im totally with you mate. Good post.

mrjds777 said:

if anything the total set up over there is amazing, with our own grand prix circuit ;) and the stadium refurb, the quality of hotel and the treatment of them luck twot fans that got there. all this makes me wonder what kinds of amazing things will happen not just on the pitch but in the vicinity of eastlands itself. exciting times indeed. the richest club in the world that still makes me smile

glossopblue1894 said:
mancunial said:

I am probably the same age as you Mancunial and i endorse everything you have said.
I really want the boys to win something for my 14 year old son who has been going to see City for years with nothing but the odd 3-1 AND 4-1 to keep him going .During which time he has had to put up with sooooooooo much shit for the Rag fans he and ALL of those who aren’t old deserve it.
I think these guys are the real deal .They aren’t in it for the money like the Rags and Bin Dipper owners they want the glory to reflect well on them and their country and if that means we as city fans get some glory we i am fine with that

i agree with you8 both, and i`m the same age or thereabouts i jusy hope they can win something before i die.

sod the youngum, they have years im running out of time

r.soleofsalford said:
glossopblue1894 said:

i agree with you8 both, and i`m the same age or thereabouts i jusy hope they can win something before i die.

sod the youngum, they have years im running out of time
I'm 50 and have similar worries. Bit bored today so currently wrestling with the dilemma of
a) living another 50 happy healthy years in which the City dream goes tits up
b) City win CL, PL, FA Cup, League Cup two years from now and I cark it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.