The Best Club

tommyducks said:
r.soleofsalford said:
i agree with you8 both, and i`m the same age or thereabouts i jusy hope they can win something before i die.

sod the youngum, they have years im running out of time
I'm 50 and have similar worries. Bit bored today so currently wrestling with the dilemma of
a) living another 50 happy healthy years in which the City dream goes tits up
b) City win CL, PL, FA Cup, League Cup two years from now and I cark it?

tommy

WHAT AWAY TO GO

f--k me dave you have lost me there didn,t sleep last night trying to figure the riddle out ?
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
mancunial said:
i was lucky i started to support city in 66, i saw them win everything except the grand national,

Could have sworn Dave Ewing was on ESB in the '56 National. I do know for a fact that BaconFace had his shirt and his wife's blouse, or was it his blouse and his wife's shirt, on Devon Loch.

mancunial said:
f--k me dave you have lost me there didn,t sleep last night trying to figure the riddle out ?
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Could have sworn Dave Ewing was on ESB in the '56 National. I do know for a fact that BaconFace had his shirt and his wife's blouse, or was it his blouse and his wife's shirt, on Devon Loch.

No riddle Manc. ESB won the '56 National. Always thought ESB stood for Extra Special Blues, and Devon Loch, the Queen's or Queen Mother's horse went belly down a few yards from the finish.

I suppose it's metaphorical, ESB is a metaphor for City and Devon Loch a metaphor for Stretford. Ferguson likes the gee-gees and '56 was an iconic year for City.

OK, OK, I'll go and make an appointment at the shrink's!

Really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread - had a couple of belly laughs.

I am also in my 50's and watched City win just about everything from 1968 - 1976, when I was at boarding school in Cheshire. One of my teachers was a city fan and gave me lifts to the matches.

I've been back home in S Africa since then , but have always supported City - even flew to the UK to watch a few matches (including HALIFAX 1979 / 80 - boy can I choose them!).

Reading some of the posters comments on this site is a bit like being in a pub listening to your mates' banter!

I get to watch all the games live on Satellite TV here, and regularly scream at the TV!
My wife knows that when I shout R-O-B-I-N-H-O in a poor Brazillian Portugese accent that the little magician has just scored again!

I completely agree that we support the best club in the world and have the best / most loyal supporters.

I am pretty sure that we must also have the supporters with the best sense of humour (especially of the gallows variety) that are also the most long suffering.

C.T.I.D!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.